• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 8 crashes after Windows 7 install

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2010 Jan 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a long time user of the pre-Adobe versions of RoboHelp, and just installed a trial version of Robohelp 8 on an HP laptop running Windows 7. The program crashes when I open a menu and move to another main menu without first closing the first drop-down menu. Here are the "problem details":

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: RoboHTML.exe

Application Version: 8.0.0.203

Application Timestamp: 4944f3bb

Fault Module Name: OLEACC.dll

Fault Module Version: 7.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdac8

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00002411

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

Interestingly enough, if I go move the mouse back up the menulist to the top, click to close the menu, and THEN move the cursor across to a new menu, the program does not crash. I did an uninstall and reinstalled with only Robohelp HTML (no server, PDF builder, Robohelp Office).

I'd be grateful for any suggestions. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2010 May 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a purchased version of RH8 (via TCS2), and I'm receiving this same error today - RH8 & FM9 worked fine yesterday. I am on a Dell Latitude 630 laptop runnint Windows 7 32-Bit.

This happened to me just 1 month ago, and after getting the run-around from Adobe "Tech Support" (yes, it's in quotes for a reason) for 2 WEEKS, I had to completely uninstall, including running the Adobe uninstall script (apparently these Adobe products do not like to be uninstalled; that Adobe developer was apparently on vacation when the TCS software was released to the public). So, rather than contact Adobe, I'll be spending today uninstalling/reinstalling TCS from our server.

Another day using Adobe "software" (again, quotes are intentional).

Cheers,

Marlo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the first paragraph you specify your PC. In the second paragraph you talk of installing TCS on a server. Which is it?

RH is not designed to run on a server, quite apart from it being a breach of the licence.

You are saying support told you the uninstall problems are because the developer was on holiday?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

No, I have not installed TCS2 "on" a server, our software installation files are located on a server, so I must install them FROM a server. Instead, today I am going to copy them onto a stick and install from there.

As for the developer being on holiday, I was being sarcastic. Because every time I have contacted Adobe Tech Support (every month or so since 12/2009) their final solution has been to uninstall TCS2 via Windows uninstall program, THEN run their Adobe uninstall script 3 times or more, THEN have to manually delete leftover files, IMHO the developer who was assigned the task of writing the code to SUCCESSFULLY uninstall their SW must have been on holiday.

Marlo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would use RevoUninstaller and then install by copying the setup files to the PC rather than running from a server or a memory stick.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a great idea. I have RevoUnininstaller installed on my personal PC. Going to go get it now. Thanx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp