• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Import HTMLHelp Project using Robohelp HTML RH8

New Here ,
May 11, 2010 May 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have an HTMLHelp project that contains over 1000 HTML pages that are grouped into subfolders under the main project folder. Currently, we use the HTML Workshop to create/maintain the project files and generate the master chm.  The master chm also includes baby chms that are generated using DocX or a home-grown program. Going forward, we want to start using a Help authoring tool . We downloaded a trial version of RH8.  We clicked the Import option to import the project and received the following error: "The parameter is incorrect".  I checked the forum and saw that other people also received this error message but for different reasons. Can you help us move forward so that we can evaluate RH8?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2010 May 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry, your post fell into the "mm, take a look at the weekend" category.

I've not seen the problem you report in connection with importing a project but it's not a RoboHelp project you are importing but you are using that option.

You have CHMs so try Reverse Engineering them. See that topic on my site. Try Method 2 first.

There is also a topic on Merging Help and the RH8 version includes merging CHMs.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp