Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why no AE CS4 for 32-bit users?

May 15, 2010 May 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still using AE 7.0 Pro. However, I would like to upgrade to AE CS4.

CS5 looks great but we don't have a 64-bit system to work on, and we only have anough budget for an upgrade. But CS4 has disappeared from Adobe's web store completely.

It is still available, or are Adobe holding a 64-bit gun to our head?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is still available

You may have some luck with resellers still holding physically shipping media, but otherwise, yes, it's gone. Of course you can always find someoen to sell you his used copy.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/825/cpsid_82595.html

"To ease the transition to a 64-bit operating system, CS5 Production  Premium and CS5 Master Collection include a 32-bit support package that  contains 32-bit versions of Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 and After Effects  CS4.

Until you upgrade to a compatible 64-bit operating system, you can  install and use the 32-bit support package included with your purchase.  After you upgrade to a compatible 64-bit operating system, you can  install and use Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 and After Effects CS5."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that's very accommodating of Adobe, I am amazed by that offer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Wow, that's very accommodating of Adobe, I am amazed by that offer.

We really do try to do the right thing for our customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2010 May 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does that apply to all users or only ones who purchased/ pre-ordered during the grace period?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pretty sure that it applies to everyone because when I downloaded CS5 when it was available (without preordering anything), they gave me the CS4 installers.  I did NOT  install them since I am on x64.

I agree that this was a nice thing to do for customers who wanted to upgrade some components of a suite now but who were also running on 32 bit systems.  These video programs really needed to be 64 bit going forward and I do not blame Adobe for not trying to keep two versions (32/64) of each new video release.  Two versions of the same program would likely mean less stability or performance gains with the 64 bit.  They are still doing it with Photoshop, but 64 bit computing is not as big of a deal for image editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Does that apply to all users or only ones who purchased/ pre-ordered during the grace period?

All people who receive Production Premium CS5 or Master Collection CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I guess I should more regularly study Adobe's marketing materials.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 06, 2010 Nov 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tood,

Where are the CS4 alternatives for Premiere and After Effects? I download the CS5 Master Collections Trial, however there is no link to the 32 bit support package in the download manager nor can I find it on my machine. Please help, I really would like to try them.

Best Wishes,

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CS4 versions aren't included in the trial download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's annoying, how are we supposed to try

Premiere and After Effects on a 32bit system before purchasing?! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2010 Nov 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a fellow user, I would suggest you upgrade to a 64 bit system. It's not that much money to upgrade Windows to 64-bit and (in most cases) your computer will run better with it anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 08, 2010 Nov 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Szalam wrote:

As a fellow user, I would suggest you upgrade to a 64 bit system. It's not that much money to upgrade Windows to 64-bit and (in most cases) your computer will run better with it anyway.

I'm using a 32-bit processor, so I would have to upgrade my entire machine and not just the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2011 Feb 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help locating the 32 bit support package in adobe

creative suite 5 master collection because i need to install Adobe After Effects CS4 and

Adobe Premiere CS4. Please help!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I need help locating the 32 bit support package in adobe

creative suite 5 master collection because i need to install Adobe After Effects CS4 and

Adobe Premiere CS4. Please help!!!!

See this page:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/825/cpsid_82595.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2011 Mar 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find the solution on this page either - in fact

is was not finding the solution on this suggested page that lead me to look for the solution on this forum.

Please tell me where on the CS5 Master Collection Disc I can find Premier and After Effects 32 - bit CS4 Version?

Regards,

Simpson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated here, it's on the Adobe Content DVD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Todd,

Installing now.

Sorry for being thick, but I'm sure that I'm not the first to be in a hurry and not reading things thouroughly enough and looking on the application discs.

Regards,

Simpson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2011 Apr 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I want to buy AE and Pr on their own - not the Master Collection which costs a ridiculus amount of money. However, I can't run a 64bit operating system. Ok so here's a very simple question for the Adobe Team: Where can I get CS4 versions of these programs? I don't want nor need CS5 - I just want CS4. Are these products no longer available - am I no longer entitled to use the versions of AE & Pr that I want to just because I'm happy with the computer I've got?

Just imagine how big your market would be if you sold previous versions of your software at discounted prices - you may even make a dent in the piracy culture that haunts adobe time and time again.

Kindest Regards,

Chico

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 05, 2011 Apr 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>  I want to buy AE and Pr on their own - not the Master Collection which costs a ridiculus amount of money.

You can also buy CS5 Production Premium, which costs far less than Master Collection---about the same as After Effects + Premiere Pro. It also includes the 32-bit CS4 versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 06, 2011 Apr 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Production Premium package CS5 (including the CS4 version you need) cost roughly the same as AE+Pr individually.

If you still want to go on the individual CS4 route, you can check online retailers who still have boxed copies, like amazon for instance:

AE CS4 PC: http://amzn.to/eIwzLT

AE CS4 Mac: http://amzn.to/gWRxZn

You can also have a look on Ebay, but beware of non-legit version (best clue: if the price is too low)

Hope that Helps,

Seb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Adobe Creative Suite 5 Master Collection PROVIDED that it came WITH the complimentary 32 bit versions of Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere both CS4. However, I am currently unable to locate the 32 bit support package. How am I supposed to find it and install these two softwares? Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2010 Dec 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

i Have downloaded adobe after effects CS5 trial version..

But i don't have 64bit OS, please suggest me what should i do??

i Want a trial version of good video maker software... Please help me ASAP.

Thanks,

Rocky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines