• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Click boxes and buttons not working

May 16, 2010 May 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have created 4 captivate projects in the last week and everything is working really well - except in one of the projects I have a button and a click box that are not working.

I am using Captivate 4, the project is 45 slides long.

The button is set to continue - works in preview but not after the course has been published.

The click box is set to continue - works in preview but not after the course has been published.

Any ideas??

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

In other words, you are saying the project is not pausing? Or is it the opposite? The project is pausing but clicks aren't allowing the pause to be released?

How exactly are you telling the Button or Click Box to Continue?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick

Sorry for not including all the details - they are stopping the slide but not continuing to the next slide when clicked.

I set the button and click box to continue in the properties information.

Have had a little play - It seems to be that sometimes (not always) if the slide has not completely finished playing that the button or click box will not work. If you leave the slide and then return to, let the slide completely play and then click the button of click box it works.  I have shortened the playing time of the slides in the hope that this will hide - if not fix the problem.

Would appreciate any other ideas?

Nikki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Okay, here's what I think is happening. It's something I usually describe during facilitation of a Captivate class.

When you have a Button, you have a section labeled Active and a section labeled Inactive. Buttons will generally offer a single click to carry out their assigned action. Now if that action is left at its default of "Continue", if the slide is playing and the user clicks the Button before the pause occurs, the Button has exhausted the click count and continues play as instructed. But when Pause is encountered, it's dead. So if a Button is doing this I'm not surprised. What DOES surprise me is that you are reporting this behavior with Click Boxes too, My own experience is that Click Boxes will sit there forever and let you click endlessly to carry out the action,

Unless you have specific reasons for wanting Continue to be the action, such as displaying Text Captions or Images farther down the Timeline on the same slide, the better choice is to use Go To the Next Slide as the action.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick - as always this has been helpful.  I found the problem with the click box and had faded away!!!!

Transition fade in and fade out is very annoying!!!

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2010 May 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Sorry to pop in, but you puzzled me: as far as I know a Click box doesn't have a transition, since it is normally invisible? You mentioned 'fade in and fade out', but you were talking about which kind of object? Perhaps an object that was covered up with the click box? I do not like those fadings neither...

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 17, 2010 May 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your right it was a timeline issue - thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources