Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

renderPDFForm Service issue with XDP file

Former Community Member

I've been trying to create a workflow that will Render a PDF file from an XDP file created in Designer and some XML that was used for the dataconnection in the form.  So far I can get the process to work with the same form if it is saved as a PDF, but the workflow times out if I run this against a XDP file...Any suggestions of what I may be missing???

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

I created a sample .....attached is the LCA file, the template and the data file that I used. Hopefully it wll point you to something that you did wrong.

Paul

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Former Community Member

Are you oicking the correct render service ....by default the render service will render a PDF form.

Which version of LC are you using?

Paul

Former Community Member

Thanks Paul for responding...I'm using LiveCycle ES2 and just using the "basic" fields (Form, Form Data, and Rendered Form) in the renderPDFForm activity.

Former Community Member

In the Task Manager start task in teh Presentation and Data section you can point to the XDP that you want to render as well as pick an Action profile . This shoudl be all you need to set to render an XDP as a PDF.

Can you post screen shots of your Presentation and data section as well as your Action Profile screen?

Paul

Former Community Member

My process really isn't that complicated...  I'm still a bit new to this, but I believe to get the info you are looking for you would need an AssignTask activity and my process is just a Short-Lived process that just goes through a few steps:

1.  Reads the .XDP document from the file system

2.  Reads the .XML document from the file system

3.  Uses the renderPDFForm activity to put the .XDP and .XML together to come up with a new .PDF file

4.  Writes that .PDF file out to the file system

Fundamentally a pretty simple process - maybe not the most practical, but I'm working on the details of that later :-)

Thanks!

Former Community Member

Ah ...now I understand .....I thought you were routing the form through User steps.

Can you show me your RenderPDFForm properties in a screen shot?

Paul

Former Community Member

Yeah pretty simple stuff...There really isn't much to show on with the properties - I just filled in the "Basic" fields of Form, Form Data, and Rendered Form and the rest of the fields are set to their default values.  Here is an image below:

LCWB.jpg

Former Community Member

And I assume that FileSysDocument is a var of type document and it contains the XDP that you want to render.

Do you get and errors in the system log?

You are looking at th ebasic options at the top right of the properties page there is a Basic and All button. Click on the All button to see all of the options that you can set.

Paul

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

I created a sample .....attached is the LCA file, the template and the data file that I used. Hopefully it wll point you to something that you did wrong.

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----