Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blackmagic Capture Cards?

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2009 Mar 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone using Blackmagic capture cards?

I have an Intensity Pro. Composite and s-video work fine. I cannot get component working with a 720p or 1080i signal. FMLE doesn't give me the option to select a resolution higher than 720x486. I haven't tested the HDMI input. Any ideas?

Maybe the problem is related to this post?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 01, 2009 Mar 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, FMLE supports all sizes that capture card is supporting. So here i guess your source of Input is giving SD sizes only for Composite, Component and S-Video inputs.
So i think you can try HDMI input because HDMI input supports HD sizes and it should give you higher resolution input depending upon source you are using. Your Source should give HD sizes because HDMI is just a medium to transfer input from your source to the card. If your does not support HD content then using HDMI also cannot solve the purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2009 Mar 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

i am considering using the same card for HD capture and was wondering if you able to solve this?

best,

albert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't made any progress. I emailed tech support on Sunday and haven't heard back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

To use HD input in FMLE your capture card and Source should support HD output because FMLE just takes input sizes that card is exposing as it is.

I also contacted Black Magic support team and as per them to use HDMI input you should use a source which gives non copyrighted HDMI output because card will not accept Copyrighted HDMI input.

Most of the source support only SD sizes(480p or 576p) for Composite, Component and S Video video formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2009 Mar 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the component input, not HDMI.

HD over component works in Blackmagic's Media Express program. Any reason why it shouldn't work in FMLE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 09, 2009 Mar 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using FMLE 3.0 or FME 2.5. Please make sure that you are using FMLE 3.0 because FME 2.5 does not support all sizes that device supports but FMLE 3.0 does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2009 Apr 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Black Magic DOES NOT support Flash Media Encoder . . . I just spent 2 hours on the phone with them . . .

Question: Do you support Adobe Media Encoder?

Answer: No

Question: When do you think you will support it?

Answer: I can not answer that question

Man the Decklink Studio is the perfect low cost encoder . . . I wish they supported it . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 07, 2009 May 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got off the phone with Blackmagic support -

I bought two Blackmagic Intensity Pro cards hoping to run two instances of FMLE at once, which they informed I probably would not be able to do... Apparently applications need to have some specific code which distinguishes between the two cards? I've confirmed this doesn't work, the first instance of the FMLE is able to select either of the cards but the second instance is unable to access the remaining card.

While we were on the phone, they also told me about the unresolved audio bug... which I hadn't run into yet. Sadly, this awesome video input card doesn't seem like it'll work for the FMLE anytime soon. : (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2010 Aug 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My name is Felix Kolotinsky and I am FAE at AVerMedia Technologies, Inc USA office.

AVerMedia has a product AVerTVHD DVR  that works with Flash Media Live Encoder 3.1, AVerTVHD DVR is capable to capture HD quality up to 1080i from build int HDMI, Component YPbPr and Analog from S-Video and Composite.

If you are interested, here is link to product description http://www.avermedia-usa.com/AVerTV/product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=482

Below is screenshot that I took from FMLE using AVerTVHD DVR, my source was HDMI from Direct TV Set top box, in this case I was encoding in 1080i source into 720x480, you can Encode up to 1080i, however this requires Quad Core CPU

If you are interested, please contact me directly: felix.kolotinsky@avermedia.com and I will assist you with setup.

Enjoy,

Felix KolotinskyFMLE.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ordered a card and will look to try it out in a week or so.

I think the company we use for the Flash server and CDN to re-broadcast will love to hear about some positive feedback.  They have been looking into this for Live Concert Broadcasts over the internet.  We have been looking to send video from our confrences back to the home office or to resources that are un-able to attend.  Will this work with PAL as well as NTSC?  Our EU people would like to do the same.

Hopefully getting FMLE working with this card isn't going to be too hard.  I'm very excited as the Blackmagic card was a complete bust.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sean,

AVerTVHD DVR does support capturing Analog in NTSC and PAL, as well as any other Analog formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2009 Jun 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have the Blackmagic Intensity Pro Card with dongle, and use FME 3.0 to stream my 360,PC, and Tv if I wanted too, to justin.tv all the time with no problems...actually i should say the only problems i have are that my internet's upload bandwidth is terrible so it does get a little choppy at times.  The problems people are having is that the Intensity cards need to be properly set up before you try to use them with FME.  You can do a search on google for blackmagic intensity + justin.tv and find a good tutorial.  Your NOT going to be able to output in HD, as the FME doesn't allow for the input of such material.  And you will need to tweak your card's input/output settings from the device configuration software NOT the capturing software that comes with it. I may get a tutorial posted on my website sometime this week.  I am just getting started with my website so it's nothing at all but a hodgepodge of stuff i've created and am interested in.  But it does have a link to my justin.tv broadcast as well as my youtube vids that will show the capture's i've taken.

www.steelahlive.com

PS.  Audio issues, I'm not exactly what audio issues people are having.  When i bought the card i did my homework and found that audio capturing is NOT supported on this card, while it will allow you to pass the audio thru to another device, Blackmagic specifically states that this is the only way for audio capturing to be done.  Anymore questions feel free to ask away and i'll try and answer them.  I love the card and have no problems with it.

had it in an AMD 64+ computer with 2 gig of ram and standard 7200 rpm western digital sata harddrive using their provided Motion JPG Codec and was able to rip full 1080i and 720p content no problems, no drop frames.  Now it's been upgraded to a dual quadcore intel box with 8 gig of ram, and same sata harddrives no raid configuration and again no problems no dropped frames.

Hope this helps,

Steelahlive

Message was edited by: swillis1978

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2009 Jun 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steelahive.

Have you progressed any further on a tutorial for tweaking Black Magic intensity with FMLE?

Really keen to know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2009 Jun 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No i will work on it this week sometime maybe have something by friday or saturday. Been really busy at work. I'll let ya know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2009 Jun 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put together a quick video - there is no audio but it's pretty easy to follow, just make sure your settings are exactly as they are on my screen..

http://www.steelahlive.com/Blackmagic%20Help%20File%20no%20audio.wmv  if this doesnt work contact me at steelahlive@comcast.net and we can discuss this further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2009 Nov 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The link is dead so I couldn't watch the video. And I was wandering if you got it working to capture 720P over component? Or HDMI. currently want to setup a 720P stream or even if possible a 1080P stream. But can't figure it out how to get a higher resolution within FMLE than PAL. Not with component nor HDMI.

hope you can help me out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2009 Nov 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly same problem. But solution provided by Steve, still does not allow higher resolution than 720. I just tested the latest FME 3.0.1, and it gives only options for 720x486 and 720x576 and says "Frame rate not supported". FME 2.5 works with 1920x1080 and Intensity, but can only use single CPU cores for resizing and encoding.

Does anybody know, what Adobe says about that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 30, 2009 Nov 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think something has broken up in FMLE 3.0 because of which it is not able to work at HD sizes but FMLE 2.5 does. So if you want to encode at HD sizes than you can resize SD size in FMLE 3.0 because Resize filter is multicore in FMLE 3.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2010 Jan 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video doesn't work for me.

I can get video output from the blackmagic media express software.

set to 1080i 59.94

The control panel for the blackmagic is set to 720p HD to SD letterbox 16:9 downconvert....

But when I launch the FMLE i just get a blank screen.

I'm told there is an ACC plugin to fix the audio isssu.  HDMI is outputing sound at higher then 44100 so you need a plugin to deal with that...

But my probelm is with the video... I don't get a video stream....

Hell it would be nice if FMLE would support 1900x1080 and not make me mess around with all this....

anyone hanve any ideas?

Using Intensity card and a sony HD hdr-sr12 as video source over HDMI

Help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sean, if you are using Vista or Windows 7 try running FMLE as administrator.

The other thing to try would be to fiddle around with the FPS and size settings.  Basically as you adjust settings FMLE will attempt to use whatever you set it to and if that fails, will default to some other value.  So for e.g. if your input source is SD this is probably at 29.97fps (or whatever it is) so if you set FPS to 60, FMLE will first attempt the higher frame rate, then default to (what is usually) the correct one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a bug in FMLE 3.0 that it does not work on HD sizes for BM cards because of which you are not able to select HD input in FMLE from BM card.

Lets hope this gets fixed sooner in FMLE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2010 Jan 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am struggling with exactly same problem. You can get downconverted video, but if your camera outputs 1080i, you need to choose 1080i HD to SD anarmorphic 16:9 downconvert. That way you can get 720x486 size of video, but for me, it makes the image blurry. Let me know, how does it work for you?

In case you have MAC available, you could get FME 3.1, which I have seen from comments works good with Intensity Pro and supports HD.

BlackMagic Design replied this:

> There is currently a known bug with Adobe Flash Media Encoder. That has been

> logged with Adobe and we are currently working with them as much as we can

> do get this issue resolved. I am uncertain which side is the problem,

> perhaps both sides need to change something. But it is a logged bug and

> hopefully a fix will be done soon.

and

> I have heard no movement from Adobe's side. I have heard a rumor that the

> BETA version of the next version of the software works much better. But that

> was just a customer who called up and let us know that and we have not been

> able to confirm this. I wish I had a timeframe for this fix, but I have not receive any additional

> information.

So there doesn't seem to be any fix coming soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 12, 2010 Jan 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried working with FMLE and BlackMagic Intensity card. But I am not able to get audio out from the card at SD size.

What I understood from this thread is that FMLE does not support HD sizes from BlackMagic cards but I am facing issues in audio at SD sizes as well.

When I am selecting DV input in my Sony Camcoder and providing the input to BlackMagic Intensity card through HDMI cable, I am not getting any audio signal in FMLE.

I am selecting Video signal at 720x576 size but is not getting any audio.

Is anybody else also facing a similar issue ?

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2010 Jan 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it would seem that the FMLE is buggy as can be.. On my multiple screen setup I noticed if

I draged the FMLE app onto another screen the app crashed or at least stopped streaming out... 

Seems app has to run on primary screen or it doesn't work.

Ok since this is obviously not working what other options are there?

All I want to do is to stream out to a server

FMS URL ftmp://servername.domain.com/folder/_something_ with a stream name that means something to the server.

So... what other programs do this?

I'm new to all this so I just would like to find the best encoder that could use HDMI from the blackmagic as the source....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines