Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Big Project Planning

Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2006 Sep 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm developing what will one day be a large help system. The final version will be hosted as Welp Pro from a dedicated server. It will contain several thousand topics and provide access to a variety files, including Excel, PDF, Flash videos, etc.

With such a large project in mind, should I start with seperate merged projects?

Also, with so many extra files, and the final project stretching into gigabytes, is the final output going to be stable?

Will searching the output be at all useful?

Thanks for your help - Nick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 19, 2006 Sep 19, 2006
Hi Nick and welcome to the RH forums. With a project that size I'd efinitely use merged projects for my sanity if for no other reason. Managing a project that size would potentially mean a lot of linking of various types between files and it would be easier to do if they were in manageable chunks. Also if you have a project with thousands of topics with the associates links, images, etc. you'll need to open up your project, go and make a cup of coffee, drink it and if you are lucky it may be ope...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2006 Sep 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Nick and welcome to the RH forums. With a project that size I'd efinitely use merged projects for my sanity if for no other reason. Managing a project that size would potentially mean a lot of linking of various types between files and it would be easier to do if they were in manageable chunks. Also if you have a project with thousands of topics with the associates links, images, etc. you'll need to open up your project, go and make a cup of coffee, drink it and if you are lucky it may be open by the time you next look at your screen . As far as your output is concerned, I know of authors with output exceeding 10K files and they have no problems with its stability. Ditto searching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp