• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glossary hotspots not working in output file

New Here ,
May 19, 2010 May 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently upgraded to RoboHelp 8. I have a project that's well over 10 years old contains 1652 topics. 

In the WebHelp output file, my glossary entrys look like regular text and the hotspots do not work.

The hotspots look fine in Design view, and they work when I preview the topic. But when I generate the project and view the Output file they do not work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Perhaps you should try clicking Tools > Update DHTML Effects in Topics. Then re-generate.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick - thanks for the quick response!

I tried this fix and it didn't work. Do you have any other tips I can try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Okay, here's how I'd test. Edit one topic that's easy to find in the output. Add a Glossary term by clicking and dragging from the Glossary editor to either just a spot in the topic or to some selected text. Re-generate and see if that survives the trip. If it doesn't, it means you have some aspect of the generation process failing.

Perhaps also try creating a new layout and generate using the new one. See if that makes a difference.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again Rick. Your last suggestion led me to realize what the problem was. I have two glossaries in my project. One that contains things I want to use for glossary hotspots and one that contains glossary terms that I want to display in the Glossary tab.

Unfortunately, with RoboHelp 8, it's not recognising the glossary terms as hotspots unless that is the glossary I use in my output. A definite loss in functionality from RoboHelp 7. But I have resolved my problem by using the extra glossary I created specifically for hotspots as the glossary for this project, and that was my primary concern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp