• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"View Selected Item" does not display

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2008 Jul 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp7 out of the Technical Communication Suite.

When I'm working on a topic and select the View Selected Item button, the topic does not display. When I first tried yesterday, nothing happened (IE didn't open and there was nothing in my tray). I contacted Oversea's support and was informed that there wasn't an incident for this occurance. I was instructed to uninstall and reinstall RoboHelp.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the applications and the button still doesn't work; however, this time there is an hourglass for an instant before not producing any results.

The button doesn't work with anything that I've created or with the example projects (Clownfish School). Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd hate to have to regenerate the project just to look at a quick change.

Thanks,

Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Dual monitors in use here?

If so, see Snippet 61 on my site

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter:

Thanks for welcoming me to the form and providing a solution. I used Rick's method in Snippet 61 and the preview appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt

I'm puzzled why you did it that way. The article starts with a very simple method that does not involve touching the registry but you are the second person to use Rick's earlier method recently. Rick's own view is the first method in the article is easier so what made you use the more complex method?

I really only leave it there in case the first method does not work for someone.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used his method since the first one didn't work.

When I execuited the key commands and tried to move the window, only the main window moved -- not the preview. I tired a couple more times and them moved to the next solution.

After completing the Regeistry Edit commands, the preview window appeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2010 May 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

I know this is an old post now but I thought I'd let you know that I've just encoutered the same problem using RoboHelp 8 (as part of Tech Comms Suite 2) and I've had to go into the registry to fix it. The quick fix didn't work.

I may not be the only one who appreciates you keeping a record of all the different options for fixing problems!

Many thanks

Louise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2010 May 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like I need to add a note to that Snippet. Thanks.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2010 May 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just FYI, I tried the keystrokes on a standalone RH8 and they appear to work (although the Preview window wasn't really lost ). Maybe it's something to do with the Framemaker integration...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp