• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question Slide

New Here ,
May 18, 2010 May 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I have created my question slide and run my captivate e-learning course once I get to the question slide but don't answer the question and click on back to look at the training slides again, once I arrive back at the question slide a message comes up "you did not answer the question completely" and I can't answer the question or any other questions that come after it.  If that makes any sense.

Any help might keep me in a job!!

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

What are your quiz/Question settings? Do you allow more than 1 attempt? Perhaps it set at 1 attempt and since you leaved the Question slide, this attempt has 'gone'.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have it setup so that you can answer the question as many times as you like.  I have played about with the quiz settings but nothing seems to help.  Its almost like captivate thinks that when you arrive at a question slide you HAVE to answer it.  Any other ideas??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post a screenshot of your Quiz settings, using the small camera in the toolbar of these postings?  How did you detect the problem: while previewing or after publishing? Do you provide a SKIP-button, that is normally meant to skip the question. CP normally reports after each question slide. Just checked this with one of my quizzes, am not able to repro your problem.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2010 May 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the skip button is there but if I skip it and then use the back button on the skin to

go back to the question it comes up with that message of "you did not answer this question completely".  Basically once I arrive at the question slide but don't actually answer it no matter how I do it once I leave the slide and try and go back I get that message and cant answer the question or indeed any other questions.  This happens when I either publish or just preview.  I have tried changing the settings but nothing seems to work.  The only this is we are not using any sort of reporting..............  thank you for trying to help me!!

Slide1.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

The screenshot is showing the settings for one Question slide, could you also check the Quiz settings: go to Quiz, Quiz Preferences, partim 'Pass and Fail'. Did you allow more then one attempt there?

Moreover I see on the screenshot that you only activate 'Show Incomplete Message' and not 'Show Retry Message'. Since you do allow multiple attempts (4) you should show the second one. Perhaps this will solve your problem, if you set the right number of attempts in the Quiz Settings, Pass and Fail.

Hope this helps you out,

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

GREAT thank you so much it was because I had not changed the settings from the quiz menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources