• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get session vars of another or any current user

Explorer ,
May 20, 2010 May 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We all should know that the syntax session.varname will get or set a session variable for the one user currently making the request.

But can we write a method to get the session structure for ANY given user, when provided with a valid identifier like sessionID?

Don't everybody all yell at once now.

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 20, 2010 May 20, 2010

Google "coldfusion sessiontracker"... there's a bunch of stuff...

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2010 May 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google "coldfusion sessiontracker"... there's a bunch of stuff...

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2010 May 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah HA! I knew there was a way, it was just a matter of not knowing the magic phrase to search for (kinda like learning ActionScript).

Plain web service calls work just fine, but when my Flex app makes a Remote Object call to a cfc, my ColdFusion API always triggers onSessionStart, and has no apparent knowledge of the session variables that are already there for this Flex user (like the ones authorizing access to the API).

I figured the fix was to provide the sessionID in my initial LogIn method, keep that on the Flex side, then pass it back in the RO call - where sessionTracker could dig up the needed info?

Or my RO setup is just missconfigured?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation