Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bullet image shows in project but not in Webhelp

May 19, 2010 May 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a bullet style in which I use a gif image for the bullet. The image shows up correctly in the Design editor and also shows up when I click the eyeglasses icons ("View Selected Item") in the toolbar. But in the compiled Webhelp, they appear as discs.

Also, the circle bullet style shows up as a nice, fat circle in both Design and eyeglasses, but appears as a barely resolvable dot in Webhelp.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 19, 2010 May 19, 2010

Hi there

You didn't tell us what version of RoboHelp you were using. But I think older versions may have some issues unless you also take the step of adding the bullet image to the Baggage list.

Have you tried that?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You didn't tell us what version of RoboHelp you were using. But I think older versions may have some issues unless you also take the step of adding the bullet image to the Baggage list.

Have you tried that?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick. That did the trick. Any ideas about the tiny circle?

I am using RoboHelp 8 with IE 8.

Do I need to go to another image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

I'm a bit confused. Sorry. I was understanding you to say you were seeing a barely small dot as opposed to an actual bullet. I rather assumed the image was missing and that was causing the tiny dot. Perhaps a placeholder of sorts.

So you say this "did the trick" so I'm a bit confused here. Are you saying you now see the image bullets but also see the tiny dot? Or was that just more of a "Why did I see it that way" sort of question?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, there were two issues. One with the image file, which your suggestion fixed.

The other regards the standard, built in, ordinary "circle" bullet, the one that comes with Robohelp. It shows up at a good size in the Design editor, but when I compile it, the thing is hardly visible.

Could this be due to some browser setting? Or....?

Thanks,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2010 May 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I hope Rick won't mind interfering

The size of the circle bullet is probably a style issue. In your style sheet, add LI { font-size: 10pt;} to set the size of the bullet to 10 points. When you also use a paragraphs in your lists, this will not set the font size of the text of the lists.

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding 10pt to the LI tag made the numbers on numbered steps larger, but did not change the size of the circle bullet.

So then I used the Styles dialog to specify font size for all numbered and bulleted styles. Increased the font size of the circle bullet to 12 pt. No change in compiled help.

Then I increased the font size of circle bullet to 18pt. They look like pumpkins in Design but increased only moderately, but sufficiently, in output.

Then I thought, maybe LI style is getting in the way, so removed it. No increase in circle size in output.

Tried different font. No change.

So added 10pt back to LI tag & will live with the pumpkins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't give up yet, not all's lost

Can you share a sample topic and your css? Attachements are banned, please PM for my email.

Greet,

Willam

This e-mail is personal. For our full disclaimer, please visit www.centric.eu/disclaimer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2010 May 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willam will find a solution if there is one. I just changed the LI tag and found the results are browser dependent. Worked in Firefox and Chrome, did not work in IE or Opera.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 24, 2010 May 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for late response. I was out Fri.

Willam, I'm sorry but your email leaves me completely befuddled.

What does "PM" stand for? My guess, "Pardon me", but why would I need to pardon you for offering to help?? "Ping me???"

You note attachments are banned. Then how shall I attach css and htm?

Hey, I don't text either. You need to spell these things out for me.

Thanks,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PM in this context means send a Private Message and Willam will tell you how he wants you to send him the files.

Click Your Stuff at the top of the forums pages to send a private message.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, that's what I needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp