• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Browse button not working

Explorer ,
May 21, 2010 May 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboSource caused my windows explorer to frequently restart.  I have now uninstalled RoboSource so that problem is resolved but in RoboHelp, I cant use the browse button.  The screen just flashes then nothing and I have to end the task to do anything.

Browse button being the "Open" icon to browse the computer for project files in the Starter Screen.  Also in the project when you want to browse to insert an image, that folder icon.

I tried to repair the Robohelp installation, didnt work, so I uninstalled and reinstalled. Still same problem.  Running Robohelp 8.02.  Anybody with ideas ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 25, 2010 May 25, 2010

The advice given before was

1. Do the Insert Image thing and make sure the dialog box is in focus.

2. Press [Alt + Space]. A context menu for adjusting the dialog will appear.

3. Choose Move.

4. Tap one of the cursor keys, which will indicate that you are moving the dialog with respect to that edge of the dialog.

5. Click the mouse where you want the dialog to appear.

See if you can sort anything out from that.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you didn't uninstall. When you go to Add / Remove you will see 802 and a lot of people think that uninstalling that uninstalls RoboHelp. It doesn't, it only uninstalls that patch. If you go back to Add / Remove and press F5 to refresh, you will see 801, you have to uninstall that, then finally you can uninstall 800.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter.  I did notice that and did uninstall all versions till there was nothing, then reinstalled.  Do you know what program is called up when clicking the folder mentioned.  Is it a windows explorer applet or is it part of robohelp ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know but I would guess it is calling standard windows functionality.

Maybe try uninstalling with RevoUninstaller. Do follow their instructions carefully and back up your registry first. It's a great program and free but like any program that goes deep, if you don't read the instructions you can go deeper than you meant to.

If you are in a corporate environment, check with IT first.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Made some progress.  Found if I log onto my own pc as a different user, then all works well.  My theory is

the file which holds all my recent projects needs to be refreshed with a clean one so I need a new clean starter page.  Any ideas on how I can erase history and start afresh.  Remember reinstall didnt do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can delete the history of opened projects in Tools > Options but I thought the problem was when you click the Open icon.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2010 May 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the problem was there.  I eventually completely erased my profile from the local pc.  Then it started working again.  It appears there was corruption somewhere in the profile.  A new profile kept no history of the robohelp projects and the browse button worked again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new profile worked for a while but the browse button is again not working.  So I cannot import images or import files

without the browse button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you been using dual monitors?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have.  But no window on other monitor either ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The advice given before was

1. Do the Insert Image thing and make sure the dialog box is in focus.

2. Press [Alt + Space]. A context menu for adjusting the dialog will appear.

3. Choose Move.

4. Tap one of the cursor keys, which will indicate that you are moving the dialog with respect to that edge of the dialog.

5. Click the mouse where you want the dialog to appear.

See if you can sort anything out from that.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are a star. That worked like a charm. Box was right off both screens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp