• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This code generation feature seems to be missing in CF Builder

Enthusiast ,
May 12, 2010 May 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like the former ColdFusion Extensions for Flex Builder, CF Builder offers an option “Generate  AS class from CFC”.

The former extensions also had an option for doing the reverse, i.e. to generate a CFC from an AS class, which I found very useful several times. I cannot see that option anywhere in CF Builder, but I find it hard to believe that it is gone.

Am I missing something? Is there an extension available for CF Builder to get this feature?

Regards,

Carlos

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 16, 2010 May 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hellooo, is anybody on this forum?

I am right now staring at a page in the CF Builder Help titled “ActionScript to CFC wizard”. It very clearly states that you can right click on an AS class file and select the option to create a CFC from that AS class.

Whether I right click an AS file or a CFC file, the option I get is “Generate AS class from CFC”, which obviously I don’t need if I am right-clicking an AS class file. The feature is nowhere to be seen.

This ActionScript to CFC wizard is documented not only in the CF Builder help, but also on a page in Adobe’s website. I have installed CF Builder 3 times with the same result.

What is even more upsetting is that this feature worked fine in Flex 3, with the CF Extensions for Flex Builder.

I would love and be very grateful to hear any ideas as to how to get this to work.

Best regards to all,

Carlos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 21, 2010 May 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For anyone interested, I figured it out:

to generate a CFC, you have to right-click a table in the RDS Dataview, then you can generate a CFC. You cannot generate a CFC from an AS class as described in the CF Builder help within Flash Builder.

Adobe: it would be nice if this got fixed – and if someone there replied to posts like this. You do  know all this, don‘t you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation