• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is Visual Query Builder??

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2009 Jul 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the RDS Query Viewer, there is an alleged Visual Query button to launch the Visual Query Builder. There is no button present for the Visual Query Builder as shown in the help file.  I cannot find any preferences that hide this button.  Please help!  Thanks.  MPe-commerce

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2010 May 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 21, 2010 May 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a whole section of help that tells you how to use Visual Query Builder. See this:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ColdFusion/9.0/Developing/WSc3ff6d0ea77859461172e0811cbec16ab8-7ff9.html.

The exact same thing appears in the CF Builder help within Flash Builder. Problem is, like other items I have found, it’s all phony because it does not exist.

Adobe has known this all along. Look at this forum post from August of last year: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2154542.

I got CF Builder because it came for free with FlashBuilder – and it’s not even worth that (free) price because you have to put up with the frustration of dealing with the kinds of issues we are dealing with now.

And to think that, evidently, some poor suckers have paid $299… As far as I am concerned, that borders on fraud.

The way it looks to me, they have taken the free ColdFusion Extensions for FlexBuilder and made them into a $299 half-baked product (marketers call it ‘re-purposing’).

I say half-baked because CF Builder documents, but does not have;

• Visual      Query Builder
  • The      ability to generate a CFC from an AS class

ColdFusion Extensions for FlexBuilder do have those features and they work fine. But you cannot install those in Flash Builder – I know because I tried.

Sorry Adobe, but I am beginning to think of you as the Goldman Sachs of the software industry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation