• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Related Topics - single topic

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2009 Jul 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use RH7HTML and we use Related Topics throughout our help.

When there is only a single Related Topic and the user clicks the Related Topics button, it takes them instantly to the 1 related topic. Is it yet possible for single related topics to have the popup menu that appears for multiple topics - so user has a choice of viewing it or not?

This question was posed in 2006 without a successful outcome and I am asking whether it can now be resolved. (I tried adding the code but RH did not allow it to be saved.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2009 Jul 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the RoboWizard's tips n tricks file can be summoned which covers this.

Colum

Read the RoboColum(n).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2010 May 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboWizard's Tips & Tricks are indeed cool and tricky (and tippy!). But the Related Topics Tweak for Single Items might be outdated. Firstly, I think when he talks about the TrueCode tab, he means the HTML tab (at least in my scenario). But he talks about a "gray" area of the code that can only be modified if you replace a CLASSID preceding the Related Topics button code. He adds a note that this stopped working in 2002. The topic seems to have been written ages and ages ago, so I don't know if RoboWizard's answer is relevant anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Indeed that topic was created long ago. However, the tweak should still be valid if you read between the lines and adapt for the modern code. The underlying technology behind the tweak hasn't changed to my knowledge, so it should still work.

At the time when I made the Tips & Tricks available and maintained it regularly I was working in the corporate world, had an ample supply of funding (and health benefits! w00t!) but given the economic climate I simply cannot maintain updating it when I have other things that may help me stay in a house (assuming I'm lucky enough for folks to actually want to buy my stuff) so I hope you will forgive the lack of maintenance and updates.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jeepers - long ago but not forgotten! Couldn't even remember what this was about.

However, my update is that I have moved on to RH 8, and simply avoid having only one related topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp