Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are latest FB4 builds?

Explorer ,
May 17, 2010 May 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Team,

I have posted a few bug reports, and in one of them have been asked to confirm the bug resolution using the latest 4.0.1 build.

Where would I find that one?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 18, 2010 May 18, 2010

Ah, thanks for the screen shot. There was some whitespace missing and that actually made the difference. I'll fix up the bug. Thanks.

Jason San Jose

Software Engineer, Flash Builder

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2010 May 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the bug number? Sounds like a mistake. 4.0.1 is not publicly available.

Jason San Jose

Software Engineer, Flash Builder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2010 May 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UTR for me as well, on the 4.0 release build 272416. Seems to work fine way back in FB3 too. Any other details missing? If you've got anything, we can push the bug back to New.

Jason San Jose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uploaded a screenshot for the bug report and added a comment that I am using SDK 3.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, thanks for the screen shot. There was some whitespace missing and that actually made the difference. I'll fix up the bug. Thanks.

Jason San Jose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool. What's the minimum bugs I have to report to get a free FB4 licence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/free/index.html

Jason San Jose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2010 May 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any word on a release date for 4.0.1? The JIRA bugs are mostly resolved for that milestone..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2010 May 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't comment on future products or release dates.

Jason San Jose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 23, 2010 May 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jason,

I apologize for this being off-topic, but since your email address is private, I don’t know a better way to reach you, which I want to do because, in the past, you have been responsive to the kinds of issues like the one I am dealing with now.

I respectfully request that you take a look at this thread, http://forums.adobe.com/thread/643462?tstart=0 and tell me what you think. I think we are dealing with a bug here, but it could also be something I am doing wrong.

Thank you very much and best regards,

Carlos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2010 May 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like that question was marked answered already. I'm not the guy for SDK questions. You did the right thing by posting to the Flex forum. For future unanswered Flash Builder questions, you can send me a private message to get my attention.

Jason San Jose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jason,

After three days of getting replies from various helpful people in these forums (none of them from Adobe), I figured the thing out after I addressed you and marked the question answered.

One question, though: hovering over your avatar, I see it says your email is private; so how does one send you a private message?

Anyway, thank you very much for responding to my help request.

Carlos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on my name to see my profile. On the right under Actions, "send a private message".

Jason San Jose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, now I see it. I didn't get past hovering on the avatar before. Thanks.

Carlos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 22, 2010 Jun 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jason,

I got two JIRA issues (FB-26974 & FB-26975) closed as 'Cannot Reproduce' and a comment to verify on 4.0.1

Both issues are related to the Profiler which I find almost useless in large scale application like the one I'm working on. Scalability and stability improvement to this component are a must.

Is there a way to get a hold of a pre-release of 4.0.1 to verify those issues? Or should I just hold my breath?

Forgive my sarcasm.. I'm really frustrated..

Thanks,

Eyal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2010 Jun 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For the moment, you'll have to hold your breath if you're not on the prerelease. The sarcasm is appreciated though.

You might come to your own conclusion if you look at the Flex SDK development updates http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/flexsdk/DownloadFlex4.

Jason San Jose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines