• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How about an evaluation extension until there's a quality release?

May 06, 2010 May 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe: Are you seriously expecting me buy CFB with so many bugs? I can't wait to become a fan of CFB, and I'll happily pay the money to buy it. But I'm not going to be happy if I have to fork over $300 for a product that won't even let me edit longs lines of code, and adds extra quote marks whenever it feels like it. There are so many little editor bugs in the "final release" that it just seems wrong to pay for this software right now.

Moreover, I participated in the pre-release beta program, and spent lots of hours dealing with installing/uninstalling/migrating/reporting bugs, yet there are no discounts given to the participants. Am I missing something? Why would I ever do that again? I could have kept using CF_Eclipse and worked around those bugs.

Shit... it's about time there's an IDE for ColdFusion. I can't wait to use one that actually works flawlessly. Can you say "Homesite?"

What's going on Adobe? Can you see that the current CFB release is not a quality release? Please offer your users an extension to the CFB evaluation until you post a release that you can be proud of. I've already abandoned CF_Eclipse and migrated all my projects over to CFB... I don't want to undo that work, and I would love to own a quality IDE for CF. But I will definitely not be purchasing CFB until it's fixed.

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moreover, I participated in the pre-release beta program, and spent lots of hours dealing with installing/uninstalling/migrating/reporting bugs, yet there are no discounts given to the participants.

Ooh... there's an idea.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

damn skippy (i concur)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 12, 2010 May 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem with buggy Adobe software is not limited to CF Builder.

When I am asked if I can recommend Flash Builder, I tell people “yes, if you are into big bugs; it’s better than the Nature Channel”.

Carlos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 23, 2010 May 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> When I am asked if I can recommend Flash Builder, I tell people “yes, if  you are into big bugs; it’s better than the Nature Channel”.

It's funny because it is true. CFB is unusable in it's current state.

Like this little nugget of fun from the Update 1 KB page. Am I the only one that has multiple Eclipse installs?

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/846/cpsid_84607.html

If you have multiple ColdFusion Builder installations, only the latest  installation is updated. Even if you attempt to update an older  installation, automatically the updates are applied to the latest  installation of ColdFusion Builder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 24, 2010 May 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm in no way defending the buggy software that often times comes from Adobe. However, I am a little stumped as to why you would want or need multiple instances of CFB. I've never had the need to maintain two separate versions of the same IDE, and my intuition says that would be a bad idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation