• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to change flash player settings on firefox (Window XP SP3)

New Here ,
May 23, 2010 May 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the lastest flash player (ver 10.0.45.2) on my firefox.

i use modzilla firefox v3.5.9, windows xp serv pack 3.

im having problems with my flash player settings.. the flash player doesnt save any of my settings(those in Settings Manager and those in  Adobe Flash Player Settings[the one with Display Settings, Local Storage Settings, Microphone Settings, Camera Settings, Privacy Settings] )

im also having problems with the  Settings Manager. all setting cant seem to load (one patch of empty space)

I have no problem watching youtube and flash that don't seem to use local storage,

but i have problems playing flash that require to use local storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Do you have adblock active? If so you would need to Disable it, then try your Settings and then you can Enable it.

This is just something to try first. If that doesn't solve it, post back and we'll take a look at your Flash files to make sure

they are correct.

Another thing you can check is to make sure the SWF vs 10.0.45.2 in the plug-ins is there and Enabled.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i only have spybot and avg anti virus on my pc and have disabled both but still didnt solve the problem.

i have also confirm my firefox plugin have shockwave flash enabled. i didnt saw flash player in the plugin list tho.

i have installed install_flash_player_ax.exe but still i only saw shockwave flash in the list

i wonder is shockwave flash = flash player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks. I think the best thing to do is check your Flash folder and see what Flash files are installed. Perhaps an old file

didn't get Uninstalled or one didn't get Installed. Do you know how to go to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash?

If not I can give you the directions. If you do, post back all files installed. The ones for Firefox, NPSWF you will have to right click on and then click on Properties in order to obtain the version numbers, which I need. The Flash files for IE will show the version numbers.

IE and FF (or other browsers) both have a Control that works with the Flash files. IE, an ActiveX Control and FF, a SWF.

Shockwave Player which is different than Flash Player also has an ActiveX Control, the difference being for FP, it says Shockwave Flash "Object".

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

untitled.jpg

files inside the folder

untitled1.jpg

Properties of NPSWf

untitled2.jpg

files inside folder <<FlashPlayerTrust>>

if u need more info or screenshots pls tell me.. thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the screenshots. Your IE & FF Flash files are correct. However, the FlashPlayer Trust, I don't often see. From what I can tell this was something similar to the current Settings Manager, but for FP(Flash Player) 8 & 9 from Macromedia. I don't know if it is conflicting with the current Settings Manager or not. Cannot get a clarification on that.

All I can tell you is that most systems that I see have certain Flash files for FF and other browsers and the FlashPlayer Trust is rarely among them. Usually there are 4 Flash files for IE, 4 for FF plus the Flash Player.xpt.

In the IE add ons, did you find the Shockwave Flash Object...ActiveX Control...Flash10e.ocx (vs 10.0.45.2) and Enabled?

This will be listed as I've typed it except it may or may not list the version #, but everything else will be listed.

Now on the AVG, do you have the AVG free edition? It and the paid versions also have the LinkScanner, which causes problems. You said you Disabled AVG, did you just right click on the icon in the system tray and disable/turn off/exit?

Or did you Untick the Resident Shield active?

The LinkScanner component consists of 2 features and each needs Disabled.

With Spybot, do you use the Tea Timer?

Since FP is a browser plug-in, anything added to the browser has to be considered.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok i gonna test everything out. but i didnt use IE much so i dont know how to check IE plugins and stuff, for the avg i already disabled the linkscanner, as for the teatimer it seem to start at every startup i didnt found any option to close the teatimer.

for the flashplayer trust folder, m i suppose to delete it? since its is not really needed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just found the IE addon window. everything u listed was there including the ver. i guess it might b the anti virus and the spybot that cause this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have disabled the linkscanner but the problem is still there. i wonder is it a registry problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the info. The AVG free edition from what I see, has only the Resident Shield and the LinkScanner.

Let me get the info on the Tea Timer for you. Ok, so Shockwave Flash Object is there, that is important since FP would not work without that for IE.

I wouldn't venture into the Registry, no more than I would reformat the HD:-) for a Flash Player issue.

On the FlashPlayer Trust, I suggested that to another person that had it and no problems without it. I can't remember if that was the main issue or something else. I would remove it.

Tea Timer info -- Open Spybot>Click Mode-Advanced Mode, Click Yes, Click Tools, on the bottom left pane, click Resident.

Then UNcheck teatimer, protection over all systems active. Close Spybot and Restart your computer. Teatimer is no longer active.

Let me know if this works on TeaTimer.

thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried avg, spybot, deleting flashplayer trust but still fail.

i wonder did i do anything wrong to save the setting..

i right click on the flash and choose setting, go to local storage and drag the sliding bar to 10mb and i click the close button at the bottom right.

is tis the right way to change my setting??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, ok. Did you remember to restart your computer? It is always a good habit to do that anytime when you Install or Uninstall anything.

IE and FF are both working properly on the websites, correct?

This is the Global Settings link:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager02.html

I use this link and have set mine sometime ago, so I never need to use a website. You may want to try that. When the page opens, the Global Privacy Settings opens, I set that. Then I go to the left side and click on the next one, which is

the Global Storage Settings Panel. Then just set the bar where you want it, click on the 2 options. Now when I am finished

with the Settings Manager Panels, I restart my computer. I have all of the panels set to my choice and check them whenever I think about it and they are still the same.

See if doing it that way makes a difference. 

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which 2 option did u checked?

My <<Never ask again>> option keep resetting the bar to "none"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

resetting my pc doesnt help too.

all setting jus went back to before reboot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both options with a check mark in them and have the bar set at 10KB. Below the Setting Panel, the article explains what each option does. Keep in mind this panel is for websites that you haven't yet visited. Read the second paragraph that pertains to sites that you have ALREADY visted. Now if you chose the Never ask again, then read the third paragraph and the fourth, which gives you another option.

I just go down the various panels listed on the left and set each one how I want. Mine stay the same and have never had a problem.

It does take some time to understand what each setting does.

I understood that you wanted some websites to be able to use that setting.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ya the problem now is the setting just wont stay wat i want it to be. i cant allow any website to use the storage.

and so my flash player got no existing website in it coz every website is lik being "banned" by the default setting which cannot be changed

as for the checkbox. i couldnt check anything. it just doesnt let me click

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, there is another possible solution and I'll need to find the thread to give you. Have you tried the Settings using IE?

You do have the correct Flash files for IE.

Will find that info for you after dinner.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I don't know if you tried the settings with IE or not. This is the thread to look at, post#2.

Thanks,

eidnolb

There has been a few solutions, but can't find anywhere what the cause is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problems with Flash Player Settings are often cured by deleting the Flash Player folders in %APPDATA%.  Try the following

• close all browser windows
  • open Windows Explorer, and make sure the Address Bar is visible (View | Toolbars)
  • type %appdata% [Enter] in the address bar
  • double-click on the Adobe folder
  • delete the Flash Player folder
  • go back up to the %appdata% folder
  • double-click on the Macromedia folder
  • delete the Flash Player folder
  • close Windows Explorer

Now try the Flash Player Settings again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pat! I see I had forgotten to post the thread with your instructions, glad you did

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im unable to save the setting in IE too. and from the screenshot i guess i have all the files needed.

as for what Ź‡Éb ɹəuəllıŹ suggested, i have tried and it failed too.

and now both my Adobe and Macromedia folder didnt have the Flash player folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi skybluerock, are you saying that you have no Flash files in the Flash folder? I know you had the correct IE & FF Flash files. So using IE, you still couldn't save the settings. I'll check on something for you and post it tomorrow.

Let me know about your Flash files. Also did you disable the Tea Timer? (see post 9 I think it was)

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have disables all the skybot and avg side program.

the folders i didnt have is the one that Ź‡Éb ɹəuəllıŹ suggest to delete

%appdata%>Adobe>Flash Player and %appdata%>Macromedia>Flash Player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SBR,  Ok, hasta manana.............

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

skybluerock wrote:

i have disables all the skybot and avg side program.

the folders i didnt have is the one that Ź‡Éb ɹəuəllıŹ suggest to delete

%appdata%>Adobe>Flash Player and %appdata%>Macromedia>Flash Player

That is weird!  Could this be the reason that you are unable to change FP Settings?

Can you create these two folders (from Windows Explorer, using File | New):

1. %appdata%\Adobe ā†’ create Flash Player folder
  2. %appdata%\Macromedia ā†’ create Flash Player folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines