Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can we version any modified file/Folder/Repository on workbench??

Level 7

Hi,

I have an issue. I am able to create version of any application ( right click and New -> Application Version ) but i dont find any option to create version of any folder /repository / file.

Please provide me clarification on some below queries.

1. Is versioning on file level possible or Is Versioning of a file is possible?? { If I modify any file then after modification can i get pervious version of the file. Whenever I modify any file and checkin to workspace. My previous file get replaced with new modified file.}

2. Is versioning of Folder or Repository level possible? Actually i dont see any option to create Folder Version.

Please let me know if versioning possible on any resource manually or using APIs.

Regards

Sunil Gupta

4 Replies

Level 10

My knowledge on versioning in ES2:

1. Versioning will copy all the resources of an existing application version (so you cannot make a version of individual resource manually)

2. But, each save with the individual resource will become a version within the application version. (this happens automatically)

To make it more clear,

For e.g you have an application versioned 1.2 with a form say test.pdf inside.

Now, each time you save the form, a new version will be created within app version 1.2

To recover any previous modifications, you can right click on the individual resource and choose history. Here you could find all the versions of the resource. Click the promote to current to make the resource as current version.

3. Folder level version is not possible

Nith

Level 7

Nith,

Your reply really helped me alot in exploring most of the things related to Version.

But i am curious to explore more on it and i want to clearify some of below doubts

1. When i checkout any file, and open it to modify. By default it creates a working folder on my system (somthing like D:\documents and settings\sgup0\Workbench ES2\SandBox_FragmentPOCModified\1.0\AF Forms)

The above link and woking folder (AF FORMS) are created automatically. My Question is

Doubt : Can i create or set this link or working folder manually? Can i checkin any file after setting a folder as my working directory?

Regards

Sunil Gupta

Level 10

You cannot modify the working folder settings!

However, you can copy files from other directory to this (automatically created folder) folder and checkin as application resources.

You can also modify the files found under this after removing the read-only attribute. Or you can create your own sub-folders.

PS: Note that the checkout will remove the read-only attribute & checkin will set the read-only attribute of the resources in local filesystem.

Nith