Editing videoPlayer project

New Here ,
May 06, 2010 May 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Adobe Flash Builder 4

I'm trying to resize my videoPlayer.swf from the source code found in

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flash Media Server 3.5\samples\videoPlayer\source\videoPlayer

I tried editing the player.as in the \src folder

and end up with following errors (2 scenario)

1. In Project Properties->Flex Compiler, I select use default SDK (currently "Flex 4.0")

It compiles fine, but with some warnings. The result videoPlayer.swf is screwy, not good.

Here's the screenshot of part of my screen

2. after that I changed my flex project properties to "Use specific SDK: Flex 3.5"

The error says Unable to export. See details for more information.

Encountered errors or warnings while building project videoPlayer.mxml.

DynamicStream.as: Method marked override must override another method.

My questions are:

1. Why can't I compile the sample source code I got from the default instalation folder of FMS ?

Do I have to have the full version of Flash Builder? (I'm currently using the trial version)

2. What is the version of Flash builder used to build the videoPlayer.swf I got from FMS instalation sample folder?
When i tried to build the current project it says so, "the videoPlayer is built using the previous SDK .. .. ..)

3. Is this source code editable/customizable ? or is it 'protected' by Adobe?

4. Why do my compiled swf player became screwy like this?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

5. I'm currently using FMDS (developer license) when my company have bought the license for FMS, can we still use my modified swf player? I read it somewhere about the comparison of 3 version of adobe streaming server, you can only do server-side scripting/programming in FMIS but not FMSS --> is that true?

All in all, what I intend to is just edit the value of the player width and height, maybe about 3/4 of the original size, so that it fit in the center of our streaming website.. (the left and right spaces are used for images and/or ads...)

best regard,

-shenli-

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2010 May 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey,

I can't view the screenshots. What exactly are the problems with the 4.0 player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines