• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to capture entire application screen when recording in Captivate 4

New Here ,
May 20, 2010 May 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, new user here.  I'm using Captivate 4, Windows XP is my OS, and I have IE 6.  I want to record a demonstration with some ppt slides inserted at the begining.  I need to set my projects at the custom size of 792 x 594 based on company guidelines.  My problem is that I am trying to demo a website on IE 6, and when I record, it only captures a portion of the screen because of the custom screen size.  Is there a way to keep the custom size but still see then entire application while recording?  IE 6 does not have the "zoom" feature down in the corner like IE 7 is.  I haven't been able to figure out how to resize the application before I begin recording.  Is there something in Captivate I can adjust?  Thanks so much.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

When you go to record using Captivate you have several options that govern what Captivate does. One of the options will scale whatever window you are recording to fit a specific dimension. But this depends on a few different factors. For example, the application window has to allow scaling.

Definitely Captivate is capable of adjusting the browser window to fit within the recording area, but when it does this it's the same as sizing the browser yourself to that size. If the web pages that are presented inside the browser are wider or longer than the area you will see scroll bars.

Another possibility is to record at full screen, then use Project > Rescale to reduce the recorded size to fit your dimensions.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your quick reply! It was very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2010 May 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another option is that after you've selected record in Captivate and you are now looking at the web app you will be recording.  Click the page, then press F11.  This will remove your Explorer icons/toolbars completely (hides them), along with your system tray at the bottom of the screen (as opposed to the side of the screen).  After you are done recording, you will automatically be returned to Captivate.  If you end back up in the application window and no system tray appears, just press F11 again to unhide them.  This allows for a lot more screen space to be recorded and you don't record which applications are open or have to fuss with resizing your Captivate capture size to the oddball numbers.  You can record in straight 1024 x768 or other size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources