Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 8 crashing in HTML editor

May 25, 2010 May 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making extensive changes to the xhtml such as deleting inline styles, adding and removing tags, and so on. However, RoboHelp keeps crashing while I am using the HTML editor, never while I am in design.

I have tried various things to eliminate the crashes such as dragging the scrollbars slowly (many crashes just after scrolling) and clicking in a line before selecting text to delete (some crashes while selecting text). At this point I am saving after practically every change.

Does anyone have a description of  behaviors to adopt while working in HTMl editor to avoid crashing?

Thanks,

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry John, no idea. I don't think I have seen it reported.

The only issue I have seen with this view is if the font has been changed from Courier at 100% but that just screws the display rather than crashing it.

Use the mouse wheel instead of scroll bars or vice versa?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

In addition to what my esteemed colleague offered, I'll also suggest this.

If you find you prefer working in an HTML type of view, you will find RoboHelp HTML is very accommodating. You may configure RoboHelp HTML so that any editor you like is used. Perhaps you prefer Dreamweaver.

Click Tools > Options > Associations and configure the desired editor in the ensuing dialog.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John is doing this to clean up some code so he needs to switch back and forth from HTML and Design.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going to work in Visual Studio. I thought that if I just kept Design view open in Robohelp, I could edit the files in Visual Studio and then save them and observe the changes in Design, kind of like working on CSS in Notepad.

Is that not feasible? Or do I need to set it up in RoboHelp as Rick described?

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can right click any topic and choose Open With to edit with any tool you like. Try it and see how easy the workflow is, or isn't. I am not saying it won't be OK, just saying to check it out. But you can't edit the code in one and leave it open while look in Design View at the same time.

Create a temporary project and try it. Other editors will not understand some of the code and may write things their way that RH will not understand.

Just proceed with caution and back up first.

Rick will step in if their is an easy way to work with both.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp