Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pausing Slide during imported SWF interaction

Explorer ,
May 13, 2010 May 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All-

I have a Captivate Project that contains an SWF interaction that I have created. What I want is for the captivate project to pause until the user has completed all of the interactions on the SWF file, and then proceed to the next captivate slide.

Within the SWF I have a series of booleans that that make sure all interactions == true, when that is completed a "finish" button appears... How do I have that finish button interact with captivate and tell it to continue? Or how do I tell the SWF to activate a "next" button within Captivate?

I hope this makes sense ...

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2010 May 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All, Still looking for some ideas with this... Anybody ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2010 May 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.  Looking for a solution within this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2010 May 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Caleb -

I figured out the solution to my problem. I am not sure if this will help you, but what I did is this....

In Captivate I added a next button to the slide, this pauses Captivate. Then at the end of my SWF file I added the simple code

visible=false;

To the final function

in other words

exit_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, exitClicked);

function exitClicked(e:MouseEvent)

{

visible=false:

}

This effectivly  "Hides" the SWF file allowing the user to see the "next" button hidden beneath it.

FYI (make sure you put the "next" button some where behind the SWF where the user will not accidantly click on it, apparently the interactions will work "through" the SWF file.

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources