• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create ORM CFC Not working

Explorer ,
May 23, 2010 May 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Create ORM CFC does not create anything. Everything seems to be going ok up to no cfcs are generated. I select the Adobe CFC Generator and Select Create CFC and that creates the appropriate CFCs in the appropriate directory. I select the Create ORM CFC and get the screen with the "Enter location for CFC" browse to the directory check the "Script CFC" or not. Hit OK then something flashes down in the right hand corner and nothing.

I've uninstalled the extensions, re-installed  a few times still nothing no errors NADA. When I look in the extensions it tab if see the version as Beta. That doesn't seem right. ;o)

However, I have my work computer which is running XP it says Beta also and does work as expected. I haven't found anything to update the Adobe CFC Generator.

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 24, 2010 May 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to generate an ORM CFC, I get a CF error message about an invalid token in ormCFCGenerator.cfm. So I have never been able to generate one of those.

The fact is, there are plenty of things that do not work in CF Builder. In their rush to get it to market, Adobe released a product that is not even close to being ready; just look at the threads below. One can only hope whoever is in charge there gets his/her ass in gear to get all these bugs fixed.

Other than that, everything is fine.

Carlos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did get it working by uninstalling Flash Builder 4 and Coldfusion Builder. Deleting all the folders where things lived, including the extensions folders that were install in wwwroot folder. Then reinstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh! I have already installed both Flash and CF Builders 3 times, but never deleted folders after the uninstall. I guess I will try again.

Thanks for the info.

Carlos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the error you are getting is the same as the one I was getting back in Aug in Beta. That file lives in the "Adobe CFC Generator" directory that gets installed in your wwwroot directory. You might try deleting the directory and reinstalling the extensions in the Extensions Tab in Coldfusion Builder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://tv.adobe.com/show/flex-roadshow-flex-4-for-coldfusion-developers/

If you get it working you may want to take a look at episode 4.
The others were helpful too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I could not fix it; I ended up uninstalling and re-installing both Flash Builder and CF Builder. Still get the same error and the extensions shows in the extensions panel as “Beta”.

Is it the same for you now that you fixed it? Could this be because I use CF 8? – although the docs say CF Builder works with CF 7, 8 and 9.

Any ideas?

Carlos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using CF 9 developer edition localhost and it is supposed to work with CF 8. But there was some extra stuff that needed to be installed into CF 8 as I remember to make it work. What error do you get? I have Version 1.0.0.274293 of CF Builder. The Adobe CFC Generator stills says Beta. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 25, 2010 May 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jffcg2, thanks for the links to the road show videos; there are a couple of interesting bits there.

After a few more hours of fooling around with this, I have decided to pretend it’s not working for me because I am not using CF 9 – plus I don’t really need ORM CFCs. Maybe when I switch to CF 9 (that depends on when my hosting provider decides to offer it), I will look into it again.

I think overall, the ActionScript-DataConnectivity WYSIWYG tool Adobe has in mind is far from being finished.

Thank you for all your help. Best regards,

Carlos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 25, 2010 May 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My “pretend it’s not working for me because I am not using CF 9” turns out to be correct.

After my last post, I found this: “While Installing the extension to CFBuilder,the server chosen should be the latest public beta build of CF9 Server” here: http://blogs.adobe.com/cfbuilder/2009/07/orm_cfc_generator_1.html.

Wouldn’t it be nice is this were to be found somewhere in the current CF Builder Help?

Carlos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation