• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion Builder is Expensive

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2010 May 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is ColdFusion builder so expensive?  I wouldn't mind upgrading my CS4 to CS5 but CF Builder doesn't even come with any CS5 package.  I guess I'll have to stick with dreamweaver for now.  It's too bad dreamweaver doesn't have all the features of CF builder.  On Adobe website dreamweaver seems to be marketed as a php development tool.

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2010 May 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download Eclipse and use CFeclipse to do development. I believe the CF Builder is more robust and is easier to work with overall but it can be pricey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2010 May 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kurt, about your question of "why should I consider buying CFBuilder", I saw your note here last week and put out to another list a question of whether anyone knew of any entries out there that tried to address that concern, which is not at all an uncommon one. When no one spoke up right away, one chap (Adam Tuttle) stepped up and created this:

http://fusiongrokker.com/post/why-i-think-you-should-buy-coldfusion-builder

And I followed it up today with another:

http://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2010/5/25/more_on_why_buy_cfbuilder_

I realize you may not necessarily be persuaded by our arguments. Just depends on where one is as to whether the features we point out make it "worthwhile". But I just wanted to let you know that an attempt was made, and I'll thank you as well for being the "straw that broke this camels back" with regard to getting something out there talking about this.:-)

There may well be other such resources, so if anyone seeing this knows of any, feel free to comment here, and indeed at Adam's or my entry.                        

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation