Exit

Need help with Project Set-up (I think)

New Here ,
May 26, 2010 May 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all

I am using RH7.03.001.

One of the software products I document has just had a Major redesign with something like 1500 individual topics in the Help (WebHelp).

Please could someone tell me if it is possible to change the default TOC, Index, Glossary etc?  I know how to create new TOCs etc, but I don't know how to make the new TOC the default TOC (BTW, I don't want to eliminate the original TOC from the project as there is a chance that we will offer 2 versions of the software ...its a long story...)

I've noticed that the tools (e.g. Broken Links) only analyses the default, whereas I need it to look at my new structure...

Thank you in anticipation

Ron

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the default is a RoboHelp 8 feature.

Broken links reports any broken links in any topic. It is not related to your TOC or index. What is making you think it is related to a TOC or index?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that we work in a SourceSafe environment, so the Rename Project option is disabled.  I am fairly new to RH and am still learning the UI ropes.

I have recently joined this company as the sole Tech Author. One of my predecessors used a naming convention that was incomprehensible to me. So, before I could create the new TOC for this project, I had to re-name over half the topics so I could find them in relation to the software... but RH crashed while doing this forcing me to rebuild the project from SourceSafe. The reason that I mention this is that I had hundreds of broken links all based on the old TOC, and so assumed the broken links was TOC-based.  I guess a bad example to have chosen - it was just my biggest job.

Another example could be Tools > Reports > Unused Files (and the other reports in this popup) which all analyse the default structure. They could be really useful if I could get them to look at the new structure?

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest I think you need to get a decision on whether you need to maintain two versions of the project before doing anything. If you do, I think maintaining everything in one project is the best solution. If you don't you may want to consider doing a Get Latest from SourceSafe to a new directory. From there you should be able to rename the project and then add it to SourceSafe as a new project.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like I need to put a business case forward to upgrade to RH8!  I need the change default option, and improved stability. Thank you both for your assistance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp