Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import PowerPoint Slides w/in Small Region of Slide

New Here ,
May 21, 2010 May 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi-

Is there a way to import PowerPoint slide to only display in a portion of the screen? I'd like to have the PowerPoint slides on about 1/3 of the page, and maintain the content from previous pages to remain in the other 2/3 of the page. Is this possible? If so, how?

Thanks in advance.

Thomas

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 22, 2010 May 22, 2010

Hello,

Not out of the box, I'm afraid.

Couple of questions: do you have animations on the PPT-slides that you want to play or are they just static?

If they are static: you could insert them as an image, if not you'll have to insert a SWF. This could be done by creating a separate CP-file at a smaller resolution (or to scaled down) and publish it as a SWF. You'll need perhaps a SWF-loader widget (have a look at Michael's site www.cpguru.com) to load the CP-generated movie in another CP-file.

Perhaps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2010 May 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Not out of the box, I'm afraid.

Couple of questions: do you have animations on the PPT-slides that you want to play or are they just static?

If they are static: you could insert them as an image, if not you'll have to insert a SWF. This could be done by creating a separate CP-file at a smaller resolution (or to scaled down) and publish it as a SWF. You'll need perhaps a SWF-loader widget (have a look at Michael's site www.cpguru.com) to load the CP-generated movie in another CP-file.

Perhaps someone else will have another suggestion for you.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2010 May 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Lilybiri. I didn't think an easy solution existed, but just wanted to double check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2010 May 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

I was thinking that you might accomplish it by starting off with the PowerPoint import to create the project at the smaller size. Then use the ability to resize the project and make it larger, leaving the smaller area in place and surrounding it with new blank area.

Just thinking out loud... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources