• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closing Tags Don't get Auto-generated

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2010 May 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my favorite features of say, Homesite, is the auto-generation of closing tags.  Such as <cffunction> followed by </cffunction>, auto-generated.  This feature should be working, I've selected it in Code Assist, but it simply does not work.  I'm running ColdFusion builder on OSX.

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found it to be flaky for me (on various versions of Windows).  It seems if the tag has no attributes (seldom the case!) then it works OK.  Sometimes it needs a CTRL-SPACE to get the closing tag to show up.  Sometimes I need to key in </c then CTRL-SPACE and it shows up.

It should just work though, obviously.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind - I found the proper setting under 'Typing'. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 26, 2010 May 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've noticed too that auto inserting closing tags is flaky.  It seems that the settings randomly revert back to disabling auto inserting closing tags.  Another similar issue I've run into is it sometimes closes the wrong tag.  For instance if I'm in a HTML tag (say the table tag) and write a cfif, when I close the table tag it produces another closing cfif tag.  So if I type this:

<table <cfif a is b>class="#b#"</cfif>

Then type the closing > I'll end up with

<table <cfif a is b>class="#b#"</cfif>></cfif>

This occurs often, but not always.  More often it just doesn't close the table tag.  Not sure what the deal is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation