• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does you're screen jump too?

Participant ,
May 26, 2010 May 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it an eclipse thing or a CFB thing that makes the screen focus so sketchy?  What I mean is, when working on a large cf file and you choose to highlight and indent a block of code the editor jumps up or down, your code is still visible, but is now at the top or bottom of the editor window.  Not so big of a deal, but quite annoying and makes the IDE feel sketchy.  It is especially annoying when you are trying to format code and you want to indent a large block of code to be properly indeded within the parent tags.  When the focus jumps you can no longer see the parent tags and therefore can't tell when you are aligned.

Not a big deal, but annoying.

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you applied the updater which was released last week?

It fixes this bug.  Well claims to.  And it has done, for me.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did apply the update, and not it didn't fix it.  Bummer.  It did cause stackOverflow issues though so at least I got something!

Are you using CFB standalone?  I've got mine plugged into FB, maybe that's the diff?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heh.  I'm on stand-alone, yeah.

Can you contrive a test case that always causes the issue to happen?  That way you could post it here and other people could see if they get the same thing.  Plus it'll give Adobe something to go on if you raise a bug with them (which you should!).

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think its the same issue as the wobbling on long lines fixed in the update.

That being said, to reproduce, one needs a cfm file that is long enough to require scrolling (I'm testing now on a ~300 line cfm file), then scroll down a bit and select a block of code (a single line will do).  Then hit Tab or Shift+Tab.  If you've scrolled less than one viewable page down it will jump you back to the top of the page, otherwise it will jump the screen to where the top line of the selected block is about a quarter from the top.  If you've selected a block of text that is larger than the viewable space the top line will be on the first line.  This is where it annoys me most as when I'm formatting code and trying to indent a block to nest properly with the parent tag I loose visual on the parent tag.

Do you not get this same result?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2010 May 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I do get the same results.  And you're right, it's different from the wobbling issue (http://cfbugs.adobe.com/bugreport/flexbugui/cfbugtracker/main.html#bugId=80222).  I think it's a variation of this issue: http://cfbugs.adobe.com/bugreport/flexbugui/cfbugtracker/main.html#bugId=82876... do you think?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adam, it is very likely.  I'll submit a bug (and vote for yours )...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bug submitted: http://cfbugs.adobe.com/bugreport/flexbugui/cfbugtracker/main.html#bugId=83095

Funny, when submitting the bug report I got an error, which led me to believe it didn't submit.... so I hit submit again.... and again... so now there are three duplicate bugs.  Oops.  83095 was the first, and I don't see any way to delete the others so if you vote, vote on 83095

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But Abram, isn't it possible then that your update didn't take? If you look at the version number reported, what it is? The update is 1.0.0.274293 (shown in Help>Product Details). Even if that's correct for you, the stack overflow may suggest it didn't install well. You may want to use the -clean option in starting Eclipse, since you say you're using the plug-in. There's also more on that and the update in a nice blog entry here:

http://fusioned.blogspot.com/2010/05/coldfusion-builder-updater-now-live.html

Hope that's helpful.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update took (1.0.0.274293).  I should have mentioned in my last reply that the stackOverflow error seems to have gone away (I have a separate post on that issue in this forum).  Took a FlashBuilder.exe -clean to get it going.

However, this didn't change the jumping issue, which I still think is different than the wobbly long line issue fixed with the update.  I'm not even sure it is an issue, its just annoying.  Do you get the described jumping?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that's cool. I saw your later note about it being slightly different "wobbling". I just wanted to make sure the update was confirmed and the clean was done.

If you want one more thing to try before giving up or filing a bug report, have you tried a new workspace? That sometimes fixes things when one has had multiple releases. I realize it's a pain, but just for this one test it shouldn't take long to try, and then you can switch back. (Both are done via File>Switch Workspace, for any interested and not familiar with it.)

Hope that's helpful.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion Charlie.  I've tried a new workspace and get the same results.

I'm thinking this is a "feature" of CFB.  If I open an MXML file in the FB editor and try the same scenario it does not jump.  If I open a cfm file using another edtior in eclipse (i.e. right click file > Open with > Text Edtior) I don't get that behavior.  It only happens in CFB editor.

Do you (anyone) get this same jumping result?  If so I'll file a bug report.  If not I'll just live with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation