Expand my Community achievements bar.

"Retrieving Task Information" Quick Start not working for me

Former Community Member

I am trying to get the  "Retrieving Task Information" quick start for .net to work for me. Once I had added name spaces to the two  .net assemblies and changed the references accordingly, I got it to compile, however, the number of  tasks returned (int num = allTasks.Length) is always zero. I know that the Service Name is correct, because otherwise the application throws an error. Has anyone successfully got the quick start to work? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thank you!!

4 Replies

Level 10

I tried and got the same result ( allTasks count = 0 )

In order to make it work, don't use 'administrator' account to query the tasks. Use your own User Id (which must have services read permission).

I think it retrieves all the instances initiated by the given account (User Id).

Nith

Former Community Member

Nith, thank you very much, I really appreciate your help! That explains the number of tasks = 0, but how can I get all tasks for a given user? We are using LC in an "atypical" way - without WorkSpace. I need to populate our own Dashboard for our user to see their tasks.

Thanks again!

Alex

Level 10

An alternate way:

1. The following query will return all task Ids : Select id from tb_task

2. Use Web service API to find the details of each task: TaskManagerService.GetTaskInfo(tasked,);

Is this approach is fine with you?

Nith

Former Community Member

Thank you Nith!

I will give it a shot and let you know the outcome. That was very nice of you!

Best regards,

Alex