• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updater hosed my install. How do I fix this?

New Here ,
May 27, 2010 May 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Updater popped up and asked me to install an update to ColdFusion Builder. I did. I then opened Eclipse where I have ColdFusion builder installed and for every coldfusion document I open I get the following message:

"Could not open the editor: No editor descriptor for id com.adobe.ide.editor.CFMLEditor"

Does anyone know of a quick fix? Otherwise I guess I can reinstall.

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem before with eclipse (either CFEclipse or Bolt beta - can't remember now).  I think the fix was to create a new workspace. Just go to  "File > Switch Workspace" and create a new one.  Maybe give that a try and report back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two things to report:

1. I was impatient and tried the uninstall and install. This actually hosed all my editors. After the uninstall and reinstall of ColdFusion builder, all of my editors gave the same kind of message that the CF Builder gave on the cfm files.

2. I switched workspaces and that got rid of the message but none of my editors are recognized any more. All files open as just text.

I am not going to try to debug this. I am going to start over with eclipse and all my subsequent plug in installs. So lame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After moving my old Eclipse install, I created a new one with all my favorite plug-ins (Aptana, CFBuilder, SQLExplorer, Subclipse) and then pointed my workspace at my previous workspace. Everything worked fine. So, this tells me that my workspace was not mangled but the issue was really in the Eclipse install folder as caused by the CFBuilder updater.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After running the updater you should start ecipse with -clean option from command promt as >eclipse -clean .

Have you done this?

Thanks,

Krishna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation