• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Nevers Goes Away - Could not generate stub objects for web service invocation.

Engaged ,
Apr 11, 2006 Apr 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry about the double post, hit submit twice on accident.

I am trying to use web services, and always get this error, off and on I have tried to use them but this always happens which leads to constant frustration.

The error is: Could not generate stub objects for web service invocation.

1. I am using Windows 2000, IIS, Coldfusion 7 (I believe with the latest updater)

2. My cfc function/method has the following set, access="remote" returntype="query"

3. I can view the WSDL file in my browser by using this: http://www.mydomain.com/com/abc/foo.cfc?wsdl

4. I have tried registering my web service (I shouldn't have to, it is supposed to do it by itself, either way, I can't successfully register it and registration does not happen automatically.

5. I have tried using <cfscript> and the <cfinvoke> tag. I have set the wsdl url to a variable and tried using that, etc, etc.

In short, I always come back to this error. Can someone please assist, I have searched and read other threads with this error, but I can't get it to work and its a great feature and I know others use it with CF, but I always get this error. The CFC only has 1 function in it, just makes a basic db call and returns a recordset. The problem is not there, I am using a returntype and access="remote", so it *should* work.

Please let me know if you can help.

Best regards,

-ws
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2006 Apr 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the entire error message you're seeing?
Does an instance of it show up in the Administrator?
Can you post the code for both the web service and the consumer?
What OS are you on?

Try another web service in another directory (Possibly cf_root) with a return type of string just for kicks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 14, 2006 Apr 14, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Well, I answered those questions already, I can't post the code, but the error is clearly defined in my post, as is my OS.

I dont understand why I get that error. I can view the WSDL file just fine, but always get this error.

-ws

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2006 Apr 14, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Well, I answered those questions already, I can't post the code, but the error
> is clearly defined in my post, as is my OS.

Talking like that to someone who's trying to help you is not going to win
you any friends. And probably very little help.

> I dont understand why I get that error. I can view the WSDL file just fine,
> but always get this error.

I have sometimes found this to happen when I have executed a WS once, and
then changed some of its input/output data types. I'm not entirely sure
what's going on, but deleting any files created in (I think)
WEB-INF\cfc-skeletons seemed to allow it to regenerate the stub files.

I would do what BSterner suggests... create another very simple WS (one
that takes a string arg, and returns a boolean, or something), and try
that: just to test if you can get ANY WSs working.

I have found that CF struggles with queries as datatypes in WSs, I guess
because it's not a supported datatype for WSs in general, being specific to
CF. I have not really looked at this since 6.1, though (I'm not really a
developer any more, so don't get to keep up to date with this stuff).

--
Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 16, 2006 Apr 16, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response, but I dont think my response was out of line at all. I merely stated I answered those questions because I clearly mentioned the Operating System I was using, and BSterner asked the question. I think I laid out my problem and even numbered the things that I have done. The first item on my list outlines the Operating System I am using.

I have always appreciated the help received on the forums.

Thanks for your response.

-weStsIde

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 17, 2006 Apr 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi

I have come across this error before and it was down to a NAT issue on our network setup. basically the route back to the calling machine is masked on the outgoing packet for security.

If you are running this from within a network then it may be worth testing it from a standalone machine connected directly to the internet.

Regards
Leigh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation