Expand my Community achievements bar.

connect livecycle form to sql table

Former Community Member

Please pardon me if this is the wrong place to post this  question.  I am new to creating data connections to backend servers and  really need some help here.      I have a sql server table which I have full rights too.  I have created a  system dsn called DataConnection back to the database.  That works  fine.  I created a form in Livecycle Designer ES2 and successfully made a  data connection in LiveCycle called 'DataConnection' back to the table  called 'Facts'.  I'm able to generate the table fields on the form with  no issue and I can see the first record populated when i do pdf preview.      Question 1 - Why is it if I dont have 'delayed open' checked on the  connection properties I receive a message box 'connection for Source  DataConnection failed because the environment is not trusted'?      Question 2 - For this test form, all I want to do is navigate and view  the records  (ie go to next, go to previous).  I followed the sample  from this page: http://forms.stefcameron.com/2006/09/18/connecting-a-form-to-a-database/ and created my navigation buttons for previous and next.  However, when  click the buttons I receive the error that the operation failed because  there was no connection specified.  screenshot is attached.  Can I  someone tell me what I am missing here?      Ultimately what I want is a form that will be available from a web  server that people can navigate data through.  The data will be on a   sql table.   There is no need to update, add or delete records.  They  will just view directly from this form .  Am I going in the right  direction?      Any help is greatly appreciated.      Mike

screenshot.jpg

7 Replies

Former Community Member

Is your dataconnection called DataConnection? You can see what it is called by looking at the DataView palette. The root node will be the DataConnection name.

Paul

Former Community Member

yes it is called 'DataConnection'  I purposely made sure that I kept the system dsn name and the connection name in livecycle the same.

Former Community Member

Are you using Acrobat or Reader to view your form?

Did you change any of the settings in the driver? I have not seen this error before but the message seems to indicate that the connection to the DB has been dropped. You could try and do an xfa.sourceSet.DataConnection.open() before you do the record manipulation.

Paul

Former Community Member

xfa.sourceSet.DataConnection.open() I've tried it in the preview, reader and acrobat pro and get same error.  I left all default seetings when creating the connection.  I tried adding xfa.sourceSet.DataConnection.open() to the formscript event when the button is clicked.  I get the error connection for Source DataConnection failed because the environment is not trusted.  

Former Community Member

I think that is the root of your issue .....we have to figure out why the environment is not trusted error is appearing. I believe that is a Windows error and

that there is some level of security that is kicking in because of it. I looked at the security settings in IE and under the Misc area there is an allow data sources across domains option there. Is that set to disable?

Paul

Former Community Member

I checked my IE settings and that option is set to enable.  Do you think it could be something with my connection string?

Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=scteach\admmmh;Initial Catalog=CertDev;Data Source=GANDALF;Use Procedure for Prepare=1;Auto Translate=True;Packet Size=4096;Workstation ID=HAIRSTONXP;Use Encryption for Data=False;Tag with column collation when possible=False

Former Community Member

I do not know .....do you have anither database that you can try with? Maybe Access or something like that. I am trying to eliminate the connection string as well as the SQL Server  database.

Paul