• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LATEST WINDOWS UPDATE KILLS COLDFUSION

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2006 Apr 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I applied the latest patches - released tuesday (april) and now when my coldfusion server starts I get

Jrun servlet error in the title
and
500 Null

restarting the server still results in the same problem

HELP - and warning !!!!

ADOBE - MM anyone? I have applied to updates to our live platform - BUT not restarted them as I am now too scared to reboot
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have since taken the updates off - and restarted - and CFMX is still dead

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

has any one managed to apply the patch ok ??

platform was

spk 1 all updates applied
our live environment is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2006 Apr 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, I have CFMX installed as a service on a Win XP Desktop machine for dev work.
Patched Windows last night (with automated update service, 16 April, had been putting it off for a few days), CF dead today. IIS reports that there is no app configured to handle my *.cfm requests.
Tried to re-install CF, no go.
Fortunately I run an incremental disk imager every evening (Powerquest), so only took about an hour to do a complete state restore to yesterday, everything now OK.

The same thing happened to me a year or two ago with Win2KPro. That time I stopped patching, which is what I'll do now until Adobe get a work-around happening to cope with this badly-behaved patch or MS publish a patch-patch.

I think you may be looking down the barrel of a re-build if you can't do a state restore. Sorry.

Peter R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 17, 2006 Apr 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have updated all our machines (2000 & 2003 servers) with every critical update from MS as they come out and have never had CF actually "die"

Last night we saw a problem with corrupted cached queries, but that actually occurred BEFORE we updated to last week's patches ( we couldn't get around to it last week)

If you take a regular drive image of your server ( recommended in a production environment) you should be able to restore your OS in a fairly quick time period.

Are you running 7.0 or 7.01?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation