Expand my Community achievements bar.

"Read Timed out" error after 10 minutes of a short-lived process running

Former Community Member

I have a rather time consuming process that loops for quite a bit before completing.  It is a short-lived process. In the process configuration I changed the Transaction Settings > Timeout to 18000 seconds (5 hrs) and it still times out after 10 minutes exactly.  The error I get is "Read Timed Out" in Workbench.  I left the Propagation as "Requires New" because I am not sure what that is.  Do I need to change that? Is there something else that is causing the time out? Can a short-lived process only run for 10 minutes?

4 Replies

Level 10

1. Any web service invoke, database connections or looping logics inside the short-lived process?

2. Are you getting any errors in server log file?

Nith

Former Community Member

No web service invocations, no database connection. Yes, there is some looping logic that goes through every sub-folder we have set up in contentspace (~130 folders), and loops through each piece of content in those folders.  The loops are ended properly when all list are gone through,  and this has been verified because with a smaller amount of forms stored in Contentspace, the process will complete in a few minutes.

And no errors in the server log when I recieve the timeout error in workbench.

Former Community Member

Did you ever figure this out?  I'm having the exact same issue, and I've changed every timeout setting in the book, but 10 minutes is the cutoff for my process. 

Thanks,

Ryan

Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Right Click on Process in workbench->Configure->Advanced(tab)->Timeout, there are two options:

1:Default: Specifies to use the application server's transaction time-out setting.

2:Number Of Seconds: Specifies to wait the number of seconds specified before rolling back a transaction.

Either increase the server transaction time out(varies according to server) in server configuration file or select second option.

Note:Selecting second option is advisable because it will have impact on single process

Thanks