4 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2010 9:59 AM by the_wine_snob RSS

correction

ziftynifty Community Member

as a photographer i am running into the issue of skin tones when I am making edits to the photographs. in this photograph:

<link and picture removed>

I got an issue with reddish hands and feet and very reddish and "dirty looking" feet. how can I correct this image to be more reflective on the skin tones on the back?

please advise.

Please don't post pictures containing nudity or other NSFW (not safe for work) content on the Adobe Forums

Message was edited by: Zeno Bokor

• 1. Re: correction
          Silkrooster MVP

First thing I would do is tell her to take a bath before a photo shoot. Secondly you should find a more appropriate photo for a public forum. I don't like being a prewd, but we do not know how many minors view this forum.

If you still want to fix this digitally, then the healing brush will become your friend.

• 2. Re: correction
            ziftynifty Community Member

i apologies i thought the butt wasn't a big deal. the feet issue isn't her problem its mine, after working in photoshop that was the end result.

how do i use the healing brush anyway?

• 3. Re: correction
              maltar7

Hi Ziftny

The Healing Brush is an intelligent paint brush that is similar to the Clone Stamp tool only in
              terms that you sample from one image area by option (Mac)/alt (PC) clicking on a source
              area and then paint to cover up blemishes, wrinkles, scratches, or image damage.

When the Healing Brush samples it “looks” at the texture, color, and luminosity of the
              source area separately. Then when you paint it merges the texture from the sample area
              into the color and luminosity of the destination area.
              To create a seamless merge i.e. retouch the Healing Brush spreads out by10-12 pixels
              around the brush. This is an important tidbit of information to keep in mind when using the
              Healing Brush. Due to this built-in spread it is recommended to use a hard-edged brush
              when using the Healing Brush.
              The Healing Brush can only work on layers with actual pixel information i.e. the background
              layer or layers with pixel data. This means that you cannot use one of my favorite Clone
              Tool techniques of adding an empty layer, checking Use All Layers in the Option bar and
              healing onto the empty layer. To work around this detail I suggest that you generously select
              the area to be healed and copy it onto a new layer (Layer > New > Layer Via Copy) or
              command/control J and then lock the layer into position by clicking on the small lock on the
              top of the layers palette.

• 4. Re: correction
                the_wine_snob Community Member

Mike with Curvemeister has (or had) several tutorials on skin tones. Many used his product, but some did not. He also had many Presets for various skintone types. I have not been to Mike's site recently, so cannot tell you exactly where the tutorials might be. He was also a very valued contributor to this, and several other fora.

Good luck,

Hunt