Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion Flash Forms

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2006 Apr 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have a ColdFusion Flash form page that has many objects such as text inputs, buttons, list boxes and so on. Some of these objects get values from a database and some are simply user defined values. The page is a product query page. Users can query for a specific product based on a number of criteria. One of those choices is to be able to query for a product based on a company. But the list of companies is rather a lot - over 6000. So I was thinking of having the user input a few letter that the company starts with and clicking a search button, which (the button is not a submit button because if I click submit then the entire form is submitted)is a button that calls a javascript function with an onClick() that will run a popup window. In that window the user should already have a list of companies based on the few letters the user had inputted. The user selects the company from a grid that is binded to a text field above it and clicks on a SELECT button, which should close the window and transfer the value to the text field that the user originally used to search for a the company.

My problem is running a query with CFQUERY without a submit button (since I used onClick). Since I didn't submit, I can't really compare values (because #FORM.company# is blank) in the WHERE clause of the SQL. Also, how do I transfer the value back to the original page?

Your help will be greatly appreciated. If you have any other ways of doing what I want to do, please let me know.

Greg
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 17, 2006 Apr 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The second part of your question doesn't make sense or you are not explaining correctly. You have a grid which spawns a popup, user selects company name and binds to text field. Ok. But you should then submit that info to a query, no?

Also look into this:

http://www.asfusion.com/blog/entry/filtering-a-cfgrid-as-you-type--revisited-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation