Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

French Characters in Robohelp 8

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2010 Jun 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded from Robohelp 5 to 8 recently. When I used RH5

my generated files replaced all my french characters with an underscore, this worked for the developers who uploaded the SSL files to the java oracle 2 server.

Using RH8, it no longer converts the french characters to underscores. But my developers can not upload the project with the french characters and are asking from them to be converted to underscores.

Has anyone encountered this, and if so, what is the fix.

I see the only option is to rename each file name and manually replace the french characters with underscores, while the topic title keeps the french characters. As well, I'd have to replace french characters in each folder name in the project and ensure that the TOC inlcuded the french characters so when deployed users would see the french.

Does anyone else have a better suggestion than what I have come up with.

I understand that once you convert projects up to 8.0 you can't go back to 5.0, otherwise I might be able to generate using 5.0

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Sheila

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheila

I did reply to your offline contact suggesting some screenshots would help. Where exactly are these changes made?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter,

I'm been a very busy bee on the phone with Adobe Support trying to get this question fixed and the problem with my not being able to access the forum, at least the forum problem was solved.

On to my other problem. Here is a screen shot of the topic properties box, I'm not sure what other screen shots you'd like to see. In RH 5.0, the File names automatically removed the french characters and replaced them with underscores. In RH8.0 they leave the french characters (I've replaced them manually in this screen shot.

When I delivered my SSL files to our developers, they require the file names to have underscores. My question remains is there a better process than renaming each File Name in each topic, as well as folder names. Adobe did tell me to publish my project using 5.0, but that I may lose some files. I was under the impression was a project was loaded into 8.0 that you couldn't re-open in 5.0 - Adboe says no, but again I may lose data?

Sheila

RH 8 Topic properties.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp