Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

French Characters in File Names

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2008 Jul 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Despite my instance not use French and/or other special characters in files names, we have inherited a project (approx 2500 topics) with French characters in the file name. When we generated the project and post it on an Apache server, the topics do not display as the server replaces the characters with symbols.

RX5, during the generation process, replaced the French characters with underscores, RX 7.0.1 keeps the characters within the file name. In RX 7.0.1 is it possible to replace the characters with underscores during the generation process?

Regards,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2010 Jun 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get a solution to your issue, I am having the same issue, except with underscores. I'd like to hear what you did to solve the problem.

Sheila

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2010 Jun 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheila,

No unfortunately, I did not receive a response to my original posting. The only suggestion I have is to replace the French characters in the file name with the corresponding English letter (ç = c)

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2010 Jun 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If this is the other thread, then you did get a response, several in fact. It may not have been the answer you wanted but that's another matter.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/129875#129875

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp