Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Drop down lists populating text fields on a page different from the dropdown.

Former Community Member

Hello all,

I have a form with several pages. The first page contains a number of drop down lists. These drop down lists, when an option is chosen, is to populate a text field on another page. I can get the drop down list to populate the text field when it is on the same page, but as soon as I move the text field to another page, the script doesn't work. Can anyone offer a solution? I've used javascript on change for the scripts.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

When ever you reference the other object ...so I am assuming in the code that is on the DDlist.

Paul

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Former Community Member

You woudl have to include the full path to the object .....something like Page#.subformName.objectName

Paul

Former Community Member

Thanks for this, so far. Where in the script do I need to include the full path?

Nellie

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

When ever you reference the other object ...so I am assuming in the code that is on the DDlist.

Paul

Former Community Member

Thank you! I was able to populate the text field on the third page from the drop down field on page 2.

Former Community Member

Thanks Paul,

I have been able to solve the drop down list question, thanks to your help.

I have another question that involves locking specific fields in a four page form which contains approximately 100 fields that need to be locked before the end user completes the remaining fields. How do I lock individual subforms so that the remaining fields remain open and editable?  The final version of the form, will have at least 200 fields in it that will also need to be locked in sections.

I can lock all the fields using the lock all fields button, but have been unable to make it work for just part of the form.

I've emailed the draft form.  It would be really helpful if I had one example of a locked subform on the form I'm struggling with.

Thanks for your help.

Nellie

Former Community Member

I have not recieved that message yet but the call to the function LockAllFields has a parameter that is passed to it. If you put the path to the subform in there then it will only lock the fields that are part ofthat subform. So the call woudl look something like this:

myScriptObject.LockAllFields(form1.Page1.subform1);

This woudl lock only the fields in subform1 on Page1 in form1.

If you need to lock down more than 1 subform you can call the scripting object again passing the second subform you want to lock

Hope that helps

paul

Former Community Member

Hi Paul,

I've tried this, but seem to have misunderstood exactly how this works. Do all the subforms have to sit outside of any other forms?

If you don't mind having a look at the form I sent you, this may help to solve my problem.

Nellie

Former Community Member

I did not recieve anything on this topic ..where did you send it?

Paul

Former Community Member

Hello Paul,

Maybe I should resend the sample form. What email address do you suggest?

Nellie

Former Community Member

Hello Paul,

I've sent a sample form to the livecycle address, as you suggested.

Thanks.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----