Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing RoboHelp via WebHelp Pro

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2006 Apr 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Does anybody know how I can publish my help guide using WebHelp Pro.

I am selecting WebHelp Pro, choosing my Output file to a internal server E.g.O:\!SSL!\!SSL!\WEBHELP_PRO
Choosing Next then have the URL set up, I choose finish and receive the success message;
'Webhelp Pro (Webhelp Pro) was built successfully.

If I choose Publish no error occurs. I then select my web page to view and the page cannot be dipslayed.
If I go through the process again and instead of Publish select View result I receive a message;
The following items cannot be viewed using Preview.
To test all functionality publish your project to the RoboEngine.

Please help, I have gone from a working support system to being unable to publish support documentation for our team.

Steven.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2006 Apr 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steven

For starters, do you actually have RoboEngine? Is it installed on a Windows server running IIS? Or did you just see WebHelp Pro as an output option and decide that if WebHelp was all that and a bag of chips, ohmagawd, WebHelp Pro just HAS to be the ultimate! And go right for it?

I don't intend to be demeaning, but it happens more often than you would think.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2006 Apr 14, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Steven,

Webhelp Pro publishes via HTTP upload, not through a file system means like all of the other layout types would. If Rick is right and you have not set up RoboEngine yet, be sure to walk through this doc as well as the permissions are a bit touchy. http://www.macromedia.com/go/rb_e01 .

Let us know if you get it up and running!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2006 Apr 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for your reponse. I have managed to work it out.
The problem I had is that the admin rights on the local drive had been removed, also there was a change to the path of the html site that the output was pointing to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp