• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

External Topic Links Not Working

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2010 Jun 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get links to external topics workig. This has never been a problem in the past. I am using RH7 to produce chm files. The external chm file appears in the baggage area.

I have tried starting 2 completely new projects and the same problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some more information would be helpful. What is the error message if any? How are the links being created?

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
  • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I spotted the problem when I had some issue wiht a merged project. This is what I have:

project A is the master

projects B and C are slaves

Project A has its own topics plus projects B and C as merged projects in the TOC. When I run project a all appears to be great I can select the topics form the slave projects, and links form the slave projects to teh master also work (Master is in baggage of 2 slaves). Exactly as I want. Th eproblem occurs whe you run the slave projects on their own the same to the master fails. with the following message:

The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

The link is an external link. When you look at what it is trying to display

res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/dnserror.htm#mk:@MSITStore:D:\Documents%20and%20Settings\e301346\My%20Documents\Monitor_Task.chm::/IQ_Tool_Manual.chm::/Clear_the_Grid.htm

The above fails the link below is the one generated when the same page is displayed form the master project

mk:@MSITStore:D:\Documents%20and%20Settings\e301346\My%20Documents\Monitor_Task.chm::/IQ_Tool_Manual.chm::/Clear_the_Grid.htm

I have tried creating 2 projects from scratch with an external link this also fails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp