• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

need help setting up cfbuilder project and svn...

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2010 Jun 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed cfbuilder, coldfusion 8 w/jrun, and iis webserver (xp) onto my local machine.

I have also done the one-click setup with subversion and Tortoisesvn.

I added all my datasources to cf admin with no problems.  I am able to view the application and no errors.

I am now trying to set up my files/project in the webroot to be backed up in the svn.

webroot is like this:

C:\inetpub\wwwroot\myproject

svn is like this:

c:\svnrepos

I checked all my files into svn by doing an import from C:\inetpub\wwwroot\myproject

Now my problem is this: I want to be able to check out files (with their default location as the webroot C:\inetpub\wwwroot\myproject), edit them in cfbuilder, then check them back in.

I have tried to set up a cold fusion project but it puts it someplace else and when I edit the files they are edited there and the changes do not reflect in the webroot, ie  C:\inetpub\wwwroot\myproject

I tried to put the actual coldfusion project right into my webroot but that didn't work either.  The changes reflect, but somehow I have not "check them out" so there is no choice to "check-in" or "check-out".  I did this by making a cf project in the webroot, and importing all my files from the svn, it worked (when I edit the files the change reflects in the webroot) but I don't seem to have them checked out of svn???

Is there an easy way to set this up, it's only for one user, me?  I want to have a repository of my files that I can check out (INTO THE WEB ROOT), edit them, and check them back in using cfbuilder, cf8, and subversion svn.  This webroot is only a dev environment and I'm the only developer..and it's all running on my local machine.

I'm just about ready to give up here as I have tried to set this thing up about 10 times already and I have been unsuccessful.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, i'm about ready to go back to some other simple editor.

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 02, 2010 Jun 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Dave,

question: why do you want to check out files?  SVN is not like MS SourceSafe or other check out/check in type repos.  You simply work on your local working copy (your C:\inetpub\wwwroot\myproject) then commit the changes to the repo it is tied to.

When you setup your CFB project, uncheck the default location for your project and type in your "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\myproject" path.  This will create your project in that directory.  Then you can do the initial check out of the SVN repo into that directory and you've got a working copy.  Now when you edit a local file and invoke the svn commit you'll be committing those changes - no need to check out or check in.

There are SVN plugins for Eclipse that you can do the commits to repo, update from repo, etc... directly from CFB, but I use TortoiseSVN (instead of eclipse plugin) just to make it a more concious effort to commit to the repo, otherwise it may get to easy for me to commit prematurely, or to not commit all modified files for a specific feature/bugfix.  (though git takes care of those issues, and I'm slowly being drawn that way for our dev environment...)

Hope that helps.

BTW, iis sucks.  install apache and you'll be happier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation