• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML Tag Colors

Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2010 Jun 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to specify which tags get which colors for HTML tags (and to use this within a cfm page)

If CFEclipse, you could specify <table> tags get "green", <input> tags get "orange", etc, but I'm not finding this capability in CFBuilder.  It seems to be an all or nothing deal (unless there's a way to specify the "keywords" within HTML -> Editors -> HTML -> Colors in preferences as is in some of the other Editors in CFBuilder)

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, no.  CFB uses eclipse's colorization, which sucks.  CFEclipse rolled their own, which doesn't suck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, no.  CFB uses eclipse's colorization, which sucks.  CFEclipse rolled their own, which doesn't suck.

Given they lifted the snippets from CFE, I wonder why they didn't lift the colourisation too?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know.  CFE's colorization was developed before eclipse (aptana?)  added the new colorization system which was supposed to be super  advanced, though it really lacks.  I guess it works well enough for Java  code, but diverse tag based code suffers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess it works well enough for Java  code, but diverse tag based code suffers.

So - like - "not fit for purpose" then?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So - like - "not fit for purpose" then?

That's my take.  I talked with a CFB dev at CFUnited '09 about this issue and it didn't sound like adding any DW/CFE'sh colorization was on the radar at that time.

If there's not already one, I'll submit a feature request at http://cfbugs.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like one was already there: http://cfbugs.adobe.com/bugreport/flexbugui/cfbugtracker/main.html#bugId=79505

vote if you care about HTML tag colors...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I was hoping that maybe there was something with the Aptana stuff that could get it working (either something I could modify or that someone else may have written that I could import)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation