• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project will NOT compile

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2006 Apr 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on a fairly large project, 361 pages. I would compile it periodicallly. Now that I am trying to re-compile it after making some changes, it will not compile. It does not give any error messages, it jsut does not complete the compilation process. Any suggestions?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2006 Apr 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ANicholas,

From your posting in the RoboHelp for Word Forum, I'm guessing that this project may be a WinHelp project. If that's so, then it probably won't compile because you have too many pages in one Word document. I'd suggest 100 pages per document maximum or less if you have a lot of images.

See this thread for more information:

http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=448&threadid=1047264

In the future, you'll get a more accurate response by giving details about what version of RoboHelp you're using and what your output is. If the output is WinHelp, post in the WinHelp or RoboHelp for Word Forum rather than the General Discussion.

Regards,

Cindy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2006 Nov 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For large projects such as this one - what part of Robo would you create it in? I am only familiar with RoboHelp for Word - is there another way to create one help file which is 300+ pages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2006 Nov 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I think the point that Cindy is making is that all your content is in ONE Word document. Better to split it into a number of Word documents in the same project. You might want to take a backup copy of your project before you do that.

As Cindy said, we can only advise you if you give us something to work on. Are you creating winhelp, a CHM file or webhelp? Anything HTML based is best done in RH HTML but there is a learning curve. RH for Word can create those outputs and if your needs are simple, it may suit you to stick with that.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp