• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing Merged Projects

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2006 Apr 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to merge multiple projects into one project. Some of my subprojects publish correctly. However, some of them, when I go to the Publish dialog in the Generate menu to choose the New Destination to publish to, when I click on New, nothing happens. It doesn't bring up the usual dialog to choose a server or file system destination. So I can't publish these projects at all. Someone please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

That's a new one! Are you referring to the "New" button on the last page of the wizard or somewhere else?

I've just played around with changing various settings but I cannot get the New button to fail and have never seen that happen or seen anyone report it.

Is the project on your hard disk? Are you using source control?

If you create a copy of the project using Windows Explorer and then trash most of the topics, does the button still fail? If it does, zipped up the project should be no more than 1 or 2 mb. Send it to me and I will see what happens if I try to create a new server.

I assume the target for the generation side of the process is correct? Also that it will generate, it's just that you cannot publish?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like it has something to do with version control. I am using SourceSafe for all of the projects, so there is a working copy on my local drive as well as the SourceSafe stuff. I can always generate, but sometimes not publish. When I made a local copy outside of version control like you suggested, it published just fine, so thanks for that. I can work around it with that fix for now, but do you have any idea why some projects would publish and some would not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sounds like it is something to do with source control which I have successfully avoided for years!

I run a backup routine that zips up my project every night and puts the zip on the servers for their backup routines to catch.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp