Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Web-Based Rich Text Editor

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2006 Apr 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

We have an in-house application that currently has an online Help module, but our Customer Support staff cannot stand the web-based Rich Text editor that we selected. Their content loses formatting when copy/pasting from -- say, MS Word into the RT Editor.

Does RoboHelp have an RT editor that can be integrated into an existing system like the many HTML/JS RT editors out there?

Tx!

/al

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 19, 2006 Apr 19, 2006
Thanks, RoboWizard & Peter!

I was afraid you guys would say that! I may be in touch later as it sounds like they (we) are going forward with the RoboHelp purchase. I was just trying to get a headstart on a solution.

Thanks for the replies!

Cheers!

/al

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 18, 2006 Apr 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi al and welcome to our community

RoboHelp doesn't offer a RT editor that can be used by contributors. However, you may wish to investigate the Contribute product.

Additionally, I believe fellow ACE Peter Grainge has information on his site about using this product with RoboHelp.

Click here to visit Peter's Contribute page

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2006 Apr 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your output is something that is used by the Support staff, the method on my site is not really suited to them editing that output as you need to provide the source for editing. However, you could have two locations. One with the output which they use read only. The other being the tweaked copy of the source that I describe. They would edit that copy and you would get a notification.

You could then accept the change and copy the file back to the true source. It's not 100% perfect but for my purposes where large scale editing by others is involved, it saves me lots of work.

Try it with the 30 day evaluation copy before you commit.
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2006 Apr 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, RoboWizard & Peter!

I was afraid you guys would say that! I may be in touch later as it sounds like they (we) are going forward with the RoboHelp purchase. I was just trying to get a headstart on a solution.

Thanks for the replies!

Cheers!

/al

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp