• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Profiling large applications

Jun 01, 2010 Jun 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're developing a large scale application using Flex 3 on FB4.

The application is running on a server and there's no problem launching the debugger or profiler to http://localhost:8080/...

The problem is that the profiler is VERY shaky. It takes very long time for anything to happen and after several steps the browser/eclipse just crash, usually with 'OutOfMemory' exceptions. In other cases it just hangs on basic operations such as taking a memory snapshot.

The problems severity change based on the browser I'm using (IE, FF, Chrome, Opera, Safari) but in general I experience the same behavior in all of them.

I'm running Win XP (SP3).

Has anyone encountered such behavior? Is there an optimal configuration for the browser/eclipse?

The profiler is a great tool and when used properly generates a lot of value but it looks like large scale applications (which needs it the most) are unable to use it to improve their performance and memory consumption.

Thanks,

Eyal

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 04, 2010 Jun 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whats your system specs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 05, 2010 Jun 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My system spec is:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33GHz

RAM: 4.0GB DDR2 (I know XP can't use all 4G)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines