Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SWF Begins and then Restarts

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2006 Apr 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings folks,

I am having difficulty with my SWF videos (usually approx. 10-20 secs long). When I play them locally, there is no
issue, but when viewed from the Breeze server (or when unpackaged from a.zip file on our
school's Blackboard server) the SWF video (usually on slide #1) will begin playing and then after a few
seconds will restart from the beginning. I'm wondering if it begins playing and then restarts after the entire
SWF is loaded? I've tried various remedies (both in the SWF scripting and the Breeze set up) but to no
avail. Has anyone else experienced this and discovered a solution?

Thank you for your insights!

Mike
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 19, 2006 Apr 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The problem lies with the way breeze handles embedded flash content.

In Breeze 5 all flash content is preloaded to allow more seemless integration of Flash content. After content is loaded it's told to go to and play frame 1 when a slide is reached.

so with a video on slide one you movie is being loaded it's starting to stream then it's done loading and then it's told to gotoandplay(1) but it's already on fram 20 so you get that jump.

So as weird as it sounds...put a stop action on frame 1 so your movie doesn't play at all. then when it's loaded breeze will tell it to gotoandplay(1) and it will play normally without that hiccup.

and an aside if you're ever developing interactive flash pieces with button interactions on frame 1 you should extend all that to frame 2 with a stop action. so that when breeze tells it to gotoandplay(1) when you come to that slide it doesn't play past your frame one stop action and your user interactions.

Cheers,

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources